Buyer Cancellation

Hi

So my item was on ebay for a few weeks someone bought it, paid for it then wanted to cancel it load of messing around so i approved the cancellation and the refund but just wondering why it says refund summary

Your Funds £59.65

Ending in 9940 - £3.96

Why are ebay helping themselves to my bank account for a partial refund when one i have not received any funds for the item i sold and two the funds from the whole sale should of covered the refund

I am seriously getting sick of ebays business tactics and robbing people blind the CS is shocking aswell when trying to sort anything

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer Cancellation

The buyer paid you 73.29

eBay took fees of 9.68  -  12.8% + 30p

This left 63.61

They have refunded the buyer 63.61 which is right.

It does happen that eBay refunds buyers before they have released funds for a sale to you.  That is what has happened here so they have taken 59.65 from your available funds and the shortfall of 3.96 from your linked bank account.

In a day or two, eBay will pay you the 63.61 and you will be back to where you were.  It is just the way eBay works and is why you have to link your bank account and set up a direct debit to eBay.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Buyer Cancellation

Just to add, the buyer will receive a full refund of all they paid, partly from the seller and the fee part from eBay.  

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent