Bad buyer

User  buys 2 items on a no return listing, wants to return one for being faulty, I received the item in perfect working order with the box completely ruined, obviously item lost value from being open. Sent the refund now I am left with 56 pounds in shipping costs and 80 pounds in credits that ebay does not want to refund. I reported the buyer on each occasion I contacted ebay for proposing to me twice to misuse the return system so he could get a free return and I quote "If I say the item is faulty ebay will pay for the return" . They all seen the messages and chose to do nothing brushing off my complaints. I am simply amazed be the complacency of ebay helping others commit fraud. 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Bad buyer

You are not allowed to name & shame on here - kindly learn the board rules.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

One of the very few advantages of being a correctly registered business is you could have only done a partial refund but it seems you have learnt the expensive way that even as a private seller you have to accept returns as the buyer just opens an INAD and they will automatically win. Sometimes it may be easier just accepting returns on items as if the buyer changes their mind they just claim its faulted instead.

Just another piece of advice if you are going to be complaining to eBay having your number in and offering sales outside of eBay may get your account closed down as its against eBay policy, 99.999% of the time the agent wont care but if you get one that does it could be the end of the account.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

As well as already advised you cannot name and shame on the boards.

You claim you have reported the buyer to eBay and doing that is playing with fire as you are a business seller trading as a private seller in violation of eBay rules and the law - you will find that confirmed when HMRC contact you.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

fraud is fraud pure and simple

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

not sure what is a private seller or a business seller ?

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

Suggest you read this link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy/business-seller-polic...

You will see that are classed as a business seller and would need to upgrade your account to reflect this.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

Basically I have to make another account?

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

No not at all use this account you are on now, its a two minute thing to upgrade from a private to business account. 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

I understand I am to allow criminals to take advantage of any fraud oportunity they have. Is ok.....

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Bad buyer

I found the option for upgrade, thank you

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent