Anyone having issues with GSP + Evri?

For three consecutive orders now, the tracking just stops updating when it says "At the national sorting hub". Even though it was marked as delivered to the GSP hub on Evri's end, it doesn't update on eBay's side.

At first I thought maybe bad luck and the parcel got lost before being processed at the GSP depot, but the exact same thing has now happened to three different orders.

Ones where I've used Royal Mail have gone through without issue, and ones where I used Evri last month also didn't have an issue, it just seems to be ones I've sent in the last 2 weeks or so.

I highly doubt all 3 packages got lost despite being marked as delivered, so I am more thinking it's an issue with the tracking on eBay's side. Has anyone else had this lately?

(Not wanting to start another Evri rant topic, so please don't reply unless you've either been having the same thing happen or it's working for you, or maybe you have more insight into how it works, just wanting to see if I'm the only one or not.)

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

The tracking for GSP is so confusing and long winded. I had 28 tracking updates for one item last week. This is also confusing the buyers who are messaging to ask where their parcel is.

Also had to open an investigation two days ago as the tracking didn't show delivery to GSP although it updated 2 days later. It's a mess.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

My parcel is at the national sorting hub, now, for 40 hours!  This is terrible because another item, of similar size was posted, alongside it.  One item has been delivered, the other item has been stuck/stolen, now, for 40 hours and evri don't seem to notice/care.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Are you talking about the GSP hub? It takes a few days for them to process the parcels, complete customs forms/insurance etc. Once it has been received, don't worry about it. It will get there eventually. 

If you are talking about an inland parcel, just complete a loss form.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

So just to clarify, the issue I was having is that the tracking on eBay's side for seller-to-hub just stopped at "At national sorting hub", even though when you check on Evri's tracking it shows as being delivered.

It then took another 7 days after delivery to the hub before the tracking finally kicked off on the hub-to-buyer side of things.

I know it can sometimes take a few days for the GSP hub tracking to start updating after delivery, but this was with 3 different orders, all of which were sent to the hub through Evri, all of which stopped tracking on eBay at the exact same point and then took ages to start updating at the hub side.

Meanwhile, items I'd sent them via Royal Mail were being updated within 1-2 days.

Clearly this is an issue with the hub, but I can't think of any reason why they'd give priority to Royal Mail over Evri for processing packages?

Either way, they did eventually go through. I've since sent another there with Evri and it's all working fine again now, processed the day after delivery as usual and with the correct tracking details, so not sure what the issue was at the time.

(As seen in screenshot of tracking, it got to "At national sorting hub" and then nothing happened for over a week. Even now, it still never picked up that it has been delivered to the hub.)

cantisque_0-1709492895744.png

P.S, I really hate the automated update "Package not received by Hub or First Mile Carrier yet". Doesn't serve any purpose other than to make the buyer worry, and is misleading in its wording because it HAS been received, it just hasn't been processed.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I don't know!

I was talking 'bout the rotherham hub, that they say is the national
sorting hub, at least, for domestic parcels.

things is, i had TWO, similar, parcels shipping from rotherham, one to
london, and one to brighton, both on next-day service.

the brighton parcel was delivered on time, the london one, with less
distance to travel, was 48 hours late, and there was no ticket update for
42 hours. it looked like shrinkage!

To my mind, the two parcels enabled me to compare the services, and assume
the worst! as it turned out, evri are simply 50/50 if you pay the next-day
premium but, they didn't steal it and, they remain better than royal mail.

regs,
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent