A user has bought my item only to leave me negative feedback, after i left them negative feedback..

I bought an item from a user previously - i returned it because it was faulty. They received my returned item and ignored my messages asking to please issue the refund. They ignored the messages for 4 days then ebay issued the refund.

I left the seller negative feedback explaining the situation, the seller, in retaliation has now bought an item from me and messaged me "really looking forward to this...". I then contacted eBay customer support who told me to cancel the transaction, report the user and let them know if any negative feedback gets left for me so they can deal with it.

I cancelled the transaction as I was aware they will deliberately leave me negative feedback to get revenge, and that they did not actually want the item. They have now left me negative feedback, I reported this via the feedback appeals process.. its been denied by ebay. What do i do?

I can't seem to appear their decsision and customer support has not been helpful - they don't seem to be able to do anything. They just suggested to report the user. 

My factual feedback for them has had the comment removed, as clearly they appealed it, I can see they have had feedback removed for another 2 users. This is a big seller so ebay have sided with them. 

What can I do at this stage? I feel it's really unfair I've been left negative feedback as retaliation. 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A user has bought my item only to leave me negative feedback, after i left them negative feedback..

Just to follow all the correct answers,  and yes,  brill that that negative was removed for you,  but as to negative feedback left for sellers, eBay do not side with the fact because they are Power / big sellers they will 'automatically remove  a negative feedback'.

Nope,   that is not the case,  but Power sellers will know the feedback rules.  So,  if a buyer leaves them feedback mentioning a refund,  a case,  or any eBay intervention,  that breaks eBay rules,  and the seller can ask for that feedbaack to removed.

Be factual,  be polite,  but never use those words, and your feedback will remain.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Is that on another account as I can see no negative feedback against this one? I can see you have left one neg, presumably the one you are refering to, from this account.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Hey! Its been solved now, ebay accepted the evidence & removed the feedback. I'm not sure how to delete my post but thanks for your help 🙂

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

It's a good idea to have separate accounts for buying and selling.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

@papso22 wrote:

It's a good idea to have separate accounts for buying and selling.

Indeed. I take it a step further and block anyone I have to leave a negative for. (Not many I will add.) I maintain the same block list on both accounts.

I wish I could block myself from buying from those accounts.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Good to hear 😜

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Just to follow all the correct answers,  and yes,  brill that that negative was removed for you,  but as to negative feedback left for sellers, eBay do not side with the fact because they are Power / big sellers they will 'automatically remove  a negative feedback'.

Nope,   that is not the case,  but Power sellers will know the feedback rules.  So,  if a buyer leaves them feedback mentioning a refund,  a case,  or any eBay intervention,  that breaks eBay rules,  and the seller can ask for that feedbaack to removed.

Be factual,  be polite,  but never use those words, and your feedback will remain.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

" So,  if a buyer leaves them feedback mentioning a refund,  a case,  or any eBay intervention,  that breaks eBay rules,  and the seller can ask for that feedbaack to removed."

Why would ebay do that ? Its the ebay site so you should be able to mention ebay.

Same goes for refund or case as they are all relevant to feedback.

Might be better to leave negative feedback as just "bad experience"

If there is a way to upset buyers ebay will find it.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

My feedback comment mentioned that the seller didn't respond to messages for 4 days when they'd received my return back so eBay issued the refund instead. Must have been why it was removed! Seems an odd policy but at least I know now!

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

I always think twice about leaving negs.

1/ You can end up with a retaliatory neg.

2/ Sometimes the seller will block you from buying again. And if they are the only seller of the item you want you are stuffed.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent