global shipping will not send my item

First time this has happened to me a buyer brought a light bottle very old nothing in it.

The global shipping place I am in the UK has sent me a item saying resited item

They will refund buyer and I get to keep buyers money BUT they will not be sending item back to me.

Can they do that? or can I request it back just seems unfair.

I will call eBay later just thought I would ask on here first. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What you forgot to add OP, is that the bottle you sold was an old lighter fuel bottle hence why GSP or any other carrier for that matter wouldn't have shipped it, incase of residue within the bottle it would be classed as a highly flammable item, and in the "pressure "of a plane hold been flown somewhere if it was to explode......

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You have sold and been paid for the bottle and therefore it is no longer yours.

Why do you feel that you should be paid for the bottle and then receive the bottle back presumably to resell as it has no sentimental value to you.

Mind you if you find a way to sell items, keep the money and receive the items back to resell - let everyone know because surely we would all retire very early and very rich ! 

The only downside would be the constant stream of returned items which could get very tedious after a while.  

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi

Yes they can do that if its a restricted item and not allowed into the country you shipped it to.

Yes in this situation you are both often refunded.

I do not believe that you will be able to get the item back unfortunately.

Often restricted items are "destroyed".......... and somehow end back up on this site

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

What you forgot to add OP, is that the bottle you sold was an old lighter fuel bottle hence why GSP or any other carrier for that matter wouldn't have shipped it, incase of residue within the bottle it would be classed as a highly flammable item, and in the "pressure "of a plane hold been flown somewhere if it was to explode......

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent