Wrong weight appearing on address label

I sent an item on Friday. I paid for Signed for 2nd class letter size weighing 46g. When I printed the address label it put the weight as 0.001kg - it should say 0.1kg.

When I went into the Post Office to register the package and receive my Proof Of Postage they refused to accept it saying it had the incorrect weight on the label, even though it fell into the same price bracket. I have now had to put the package in a post box with no proof of postage and not having it registered on the PO system for 'signed for'.

Please can eBay sort this weight labelling error? It only seems to happen with packaging under 100g.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Wrong weight appearing on address label

You do need to enter the weight (put 99g for anything under 100g) and check that the correct weight is showing on the label.

The Post Office cannot accept items with a weight on the label which is lower than the weight of the actual package, even if you have paid the correct amount.

If this is rejected at the sorting office for the same reason your buyer will have to pay to receive their item.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent