Welcome to April UK Sellers - FOURTH postage price rise by Royal Mail in TWO years.

Royal Mail management clearly couldn't run a p*ss-up in  a brewery and so consequently we've had FOUR price rises in TWO years. Unbelievable - we're literally paying for their incompetence. Not to worry though, they'll no doubt still get their bonuses.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/01/price-first-class-stamps-rise-increase-10p-royal-ma...

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to April UK Sellers - FOURTH postage price rise by Royal Mail in TWO years.

I've just returned from the Post Office and posted an item that sold for £42.  I knew 2nd Class Small Parcel  Signed for had gone up and it now costs £5.09.  I was expecting this  but not until I checked later did I realise that compensation rates have changed.  So now  2nd Class Signed For  only covers a parcel up to £20 loss or damage.  Previously this was £50. To send my £42 item, I would have had to pay £9.95.  Almost 25% of the value of the book I sold.  No buyer is going to pay that and neither would I expect them to.  So any item with a value of £21 to £750 costs £9.95?  That's ludicrous.  At the high value end that may  seem resonable but nearly 10 quid for an item worth say £25?  They really are taking the proverbial.  I wont sell anything over a value of £20 now.  Its simply not worth the risk of Royal Fail losing or damaging the parcel and being out of pocket.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: