Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label.

Hi, I'm trying to purchase a label and keep getting this error. It does sometimes suggest that the address may be wrong but I've checked with the buyer and it is correct. It charges me but then later cancels so nothing is actually taken from my account,

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Personally,  if there is an issue buying labels from eBay,  I have never done this,  just take your parcel to your local Post Office and buy over the counter postage.  Maybe a few pence more expensive,  but far easier,  when faced with an issue.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problem, won't generate no matter how many times I try. Definitely an issue on eBay's side of things (no surprises there) and the second time this has happened to me in the space of a week, infuriating.

As mentioned you might have to take it to the Post Office instead, or you can print the labels directly from the Royal Mail site.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi @softlad66 

I spoke to the shipping team on this. That error can be for a couple of reasons.

It might be an issue with the card or an incorrect billing address, card number, CVV, or expiry date.

If you're using PayPal it can give that error if there's an issue with the account.

We understand the error message is quite broad and the team are actively working on how these are shown. They will be rolling out updates to them over the coming months but it will take some time as there are thousands of possible errors to map from different carriers, payment gateways and country address formats etc.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent