Royal Mail

Royal Mail are Rubbish now, I have the online website, I put all the Details onto this website, Measurements, weight ect, They give  me the price and I pay, They do the Labels and  they put them on the Parcels,

Once the item is nearly getting there, they are sending the buyer a Surcharge, stating, not enough Postage, so the buyer complains to me, and I have to pay, This means I  might as well have given the items I have sold away, I have had this with at Least 6 Parcels last weeks, I have sent Complaints in and to get out of it, they say, What was the weight, Take a photo of the Label, Can't Royal Mail do it, I dont see a Label. Every excuse  they can to accept FAULT. I am not on my own, I know a lot of people not using them now, And I have joined them, My Postman of many many years have said they are going down the Pan, I agree, So I have gone to Evri, and all my Parcels are getting through, .I will never use them again. Has anyone else had this Problem, If not Beware. So sellers beware, this will happen to you. Thank you for Listening to me.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Royal Mail

Royal Mail make mistakes but as this is happening on nearly half of your recent eBay sales  I think you may be buying the wrong labels. 

If you are choosing a large letter the thickness can't be over 2.5cm. If you are sending clothing they may lie flat at 2.5cm but if the clothing bunches up insidethe postal bag, it has become a small parcel.

Another thing that catches a lot of people out is sending small parcels over 16cm thick/high and not realising this makes it a medium parcel. 

I hope this helps if either applies to your parcels. I bought a Royal Mail large letter size guide to make sure all of mine fit through the slot and send them in rigid packaging so the shape won't change. 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail

every week at least 10 grey cards i now the postage is correct who is scamming who. lost a parcel the other week overnight £100 item opened a claim they had the nerve to send me 8 1st class stamps. i think i am going to take them to court i have the proof of postage

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail

I've sent several hundred large letters and parcels over last year, everything via RM, purchased from ebay and had not even one return, charge or failure. I don't use any other services at all.

Try to send everything via Tracked48 Small Parcel for £3.29 if you don't do this already.

Over last 10 years they lost only one of my letters (PC-DVD game) and refunded it quickly. So it's 1 in, I reckon, 5000+. In fact, Hermes/Evri once lost my parcel as well and I got full refund as well.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail

@2099doom wrote:

every week at least 10 grey cards i now the postage is correct who is scamming who. lost a parcel the other week overnight £100 item opened a claim they had the nerve to send me 8 1st class stamps. i think i am going to take them to court i have the proof of postage

Before you take anyone to court, check the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you bought the postage. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail

THEY ARE SCAMMING US. I SENT A LARGE PARCVEL IT WAS 1250 GRAMS GOT THE OTHER END WANTED £5.00 SAYING IT WAS OVEWR 2 KILOS THEY ARE SCAMMING US. NOW BIG TIME TRYING TO CLAW BACK LOST REVENUE OVER THE PANDEMICK NOTY GETTING IT OF ME NOW USE DPDE NEXT DAY DELIVERY NO ISSUES

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail

I've just had there fraud attempt on an item i sent. single eyeshadow the size of a 10p and about 1/2 cm thick, weighed 15g inside the envelope. They now claim it is over 100g and want and extra £2.20 off me for it being the incorrect weight. Sent finance a message telling them to pick a heavier item next time they want to scam and not go for the lightest item i sent that day, told them to take the charge off the invoice and I will not be paying it until they have sorted it out with the correct total. Scammers

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent