Royal Mail postage label weight is wrong - beware

I send a lot of things in a letter size parcel with Royal Mail - under the old system, I would select 'Letter' and then have to enter a weight, so would enter 50grams to ensure it was covered.

Under the new system, letter post is set at  'up to 100 grams' and you can't change it which wouldn't matter if it worked, but the label is being printed at 0.0002kg (2 grams). I have had to void several labels for this reason and enter the weight AND size manually.

What a PIA.

Noted that this does not happen if you are sending multiple items -the old system still applies. It's only if you are sending a single item. I have lost an item in the post perhaps because it was underweight on the label and I didn't notice?

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Is that on eBay or Royal Mail site? I dint bother with eBay postage only Royal Mail site which is quicker 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I think it's through ebay but the OP should still be able to change it.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You also missed registering as a business seller.  You are currently breaking several consumer laws.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

On Ebay. I will change the title.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I'm not a business seller, and I do offer returns under standard Ebay conditions. ?

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

NB I have tried to change the title of the thread to include 'Ebay' so that people know I am referring to the Ebay postage system, not the one on the RM website. but can't see a  way to do so - sorry.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

@wilth3505_gtnhsdglsn wrote:

I'm not a business seller, and I do offer returns under standard Ebay conditions. ?

You should be registered as a business seller as you are buying items to resell.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy/business-seller-polic...

What is the policy?
Business sellers can't represent themselves as private individuals and are required to:

Register their business on eBay
Provide the following information in the business seller information section in their listings:
Full contact details for the business
Any trade organisations they belong to
Any authorisation scheme relevant to the online business
Clear information about price, including any shipping or delivery charges and tax
A VAT number, if the business's online activities are subject to VAT

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

from ebay to retrun

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: