Royal Mail postage invoices

I usually buy Royal Mail postage for my  sold items. I have to pay using  PayPal. When I look at PayPal transaction, it looks like I pay back to EBAY UK.

And now I am looking for invoices for those purchases. Where can I find them?

Can I use PayPal reports as proof of purchase?

Jack

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Hi galleksa, thanks for your post.

When you buy the labels through eBay, the description in your payments record will show eBay. If you go to your seller hub, and click on the "Payments tab" and then you click on "All transactions" on the left hand side of your screen you will be able to filter your transactions by postage label, just change "All types" to "Postage label" and you will see your transactions including the tracking number, how much it was, and the transaction it was for. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

marco@ebay 

I love a report Marco, so investigated this, but can't get this filter to work.

Followed your process and only shows available funds.
Then tried to create a custom report, got an empty spread sheet.

Jo

BFA7D030-EE63-48CC-A022-2C8A3B584BBC.jpeg

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

Thank you for your answer.

There are only Evri (by packlink) but there are no Royal Mail transactions.

Royal Mail is paid by PayPal.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi galleksa, thanks for your reply. 

Did you pay for it through eBay or Royal Mail? If it wasn't paid through eBay, you might not find it there. If you did pay with eBay, you have an item number, so we can review that for you?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi bojangled,

They are usually there, if they are not there, it could be because you haven't paid through eBay. You can try clearing the caches and cookies of your browser and try again in case you did pay for those labels through eBay.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

If you buy Royal Mail label on eBay you have to use PayPal (example second class). I bought a few Evri labels and I have them in this report, but I don't have all my Royal mail, becouse they are paid by PayPal on eBay. I need those transactions for my accounting - where do you take them from?

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi all, same issue here but I think I have figured things out .

The guidance from Marco above will show you only postage labels purchased via "Packlink" and RETURNS Royal Mail Labels ONLY!! It will NOT show you RM labels that you purchase (as normal) on ebay !!! For that go to: My ebay Selling Overview, on left hand side scroll down to "Postage Labels", you can then see the details of Item, Tracking number, cost etc & have the option of downloading a RM VAT invoice (one at a time gggrrr!!)

Also note that on the monthly statement that the line "Postage Labels" is only via "Packlink" & RM Returns.

Good luck!

Yes, this is my posting/buying ID 😉
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi all, same issue here but I think I have figured things out .

The guidance from Marco above will show you only postage labels purchased via "Packlink" and RETURNS Royal Mail Labels ONLY!! It will NOT show you RM labels that you purchase (as normal) on ebay !!! For that go to: My ebay Selling Overview, on left hand side scroll down to "Postage Labels", you can then see the details of Item, Tracking number, cost etc & have the option of downloading a RM VAT invoice (one at a time gggrrr!!)

Also note that on the monthly statement that the line "Postage Labels" is only via "Packlink" & RM Returns.

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

As others have said, Marco's solution only shows Royal Mail RETURNS labels, not outward RM labels purchased. Thank you to shopping-rhino for the correct solution, above.

Might be worth adding (since it took me a moment to find..) that if you use Seller Hub, then from the Overview screen in Seller Hub, you need to scroll down to the Selling Tools box, and then click on 'Go to My eBay > Sellling' to get to the My eBay Selling Overview screen referred to above, from where you can click on 'Postage Labels' as above.

It only shows the last 90 days as a max. Unfortunately I couldn't see a way to download the info as a spreadsheet, but at least you can view an item-by-item breakdown of what you've actually spent on postage.

All the best, Conor

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

marco@ebay 

As others have replied the method you suggested doesn't include eBay purchased RM labels.

It would be a really good solution though instead of having to work through PayPal/banking statements.

@shopping-rhino 

If I go to Performance > Sales >  and run a custom dated report, my postage labels total for Royal Mail via eBay/PayPal are shown correctly when expand the fee breakdown. 
Which does make reconciliation a little easier.

Jo

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi all, Thanks for helpful suggestions. 

I love how ebay have multiple ways of doing the same thing!  Anyway using another method:

Seller Hub, Orders and the drop  down to Postage Labels.

I'm now going to eat a plate of spaghetti and search for the ends !

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

I've just had a look on the Postage Labels page that's you described but I still can't see a way to download an invoice for RM postage. This is absolutely insane that's so difficult to get a basic invoice, how are you supposed to reconcile your spending and VAT if RM/eBay?!

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Just spoke to eBay help and they say:

"Royal Mail untracked services (1st class, 2nd class, signed for, guaranteed delivery) do not have VAT meaning no VAT invoice will be available for download via Seller Hub."

So that explains why I can't see any VAT invoices...

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

I started using PayPal reports

Login to PayPal / Activity / All Reports / Activity Download

set dates and sort in Excel column Name : EBAY UK

There is no VAT so I believe it is goo proof.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

We have had several long conversations with eBay on this.
When a returns label is generated, eBay emails us an invoice, and the label appears (with the correct VAT element) on our monthly invoice. Perfect.
When we buy a shipping label, if through Packlink, Packlink has an easy way to download all Packlink invoices (although being based in Spain, there is no VAT element). Perfect.
However, when we buy a UK Royal Mail label direct through eBay, they do not email an invoice, and it DOES NOT appear on our monthly invoice. This is shocking.
It does not appear on transaction reports and it is paid by Paypal and transaction reports only report on items affecting managed payments.
What we are expected to do is look at seller hub, postage labels, and then for each one individually, use a drop down to download a PDF file.
We have flagged up to eBay that if they can include the return labels, why can they not include the shipping labels on the monthly invoice.
We have flagged to eBay that you can only download the shipping label invoices for 3 months.
As eBay are charging and collecting the VAT, eBay should allow access to invoices going further back than 3 months.
We do not buy much through eBay, but how are sellers that buy 100s of labels a day, recovering the VAT?
eBays suggestion was try to find a third party tool. Does anyone know of a third party tool to data mine my eBay account and produce what eBay should provide as they do with return labels?

eBay should own this terrible mess and simply roll shipping label purchased into the monthly invoice. That would be perfect.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

I sell on Amazon as well. And they have no problem to generate invoices for Royal Mail.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent