Postage cost changed from agreed option

Out of half a dozen items I've purchased postage for today, I have one item which has increased from £2.94 to over £5, seemingly without rhyme or reason.

The item isn't any larger or heavier than other items I've purchased postage for today, and the only one which has changed in price from the option I selected when listing the item.

If I select the new postage I'll be making a significant loss on the sale.

Any ideas on how to change back to the previously selected postage?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like your buyer is at an address that the courier treats as outlying and therefore charges extra for.  

To check if this is the case, and not an ebay glitch, go to the courier website directly and get the price. 

If it is the case, see if RM would be cheaper.  It will be if it is a small parcel under 2kg.  If not you are stuck with the loss. But if you are changing to RM check with your buyer first as you are supposed to stick with what you had on the advert. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like your buyer is at an address that the courier treats as outlying and therefore charges extra for.  

To check if this is the case, and not an ebay glitch, go to the courier website directly and get the price. 

If it is the case, see if RM would be cheaper.  It will be if it is a small parcel under 2kg.  If not you are stuck with the loss. But if you are changing to RM check with your buyer first as you are supposed to stick with what you had on the advert. 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thanks, I didn't think that Wales was too 'out there', but who knows!

I'll contact the buyer and see if I can change the carrier.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent