Please someone help with this return

Hello, I'm a veteran eBay user yet I have never encountered this problem before.

I bought an item from a seller which prides itself of selling from the UK. The hardware item doesn't fit/work for my needs (also the case is cracked but never mind!) so I decided to return it. I accepted having to pay postage for the return, but the address given to me is in CHINA. I am not finding a way of raising this issue with eBay, and no way to speak to customer service. What do I do? 

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

When you said that you accepted having to pay return postage, did you mean that you have been in discussion with the seller via eBay Messages and have actually agreed to this?  If this is indeed the case then you have done the wrong thing.  The correct course of action would be to open an Item Not As Described case against the seller, stating that you want to return the item for a full refund.  The seller would then have to provide you with an eBay Returns Label so that you could return the item for a refund.

Once the eBay Returns Label has been issued print it off, affix it to the package that you are going to post the item back in, and then post it back to the seller.  eBay Returns Labels all have tracked postage, so once the tracking confirms successful or attempted delivery back to the seller you should get your money back.

In the event that the seller proves to be awkward make sure that you escalate the case to eBay as soon as you get the chance to do so.  (If I remember correctly this is by day four of the case.)  If eBay have to step in and force a refund you should end up with your money being refunded in its entirety, and under those circumstances you may not even be required to post the item back to the seller.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

If the sellers stock was in the UK according to ebay the item should be returned to a UK address.

Here's a link to get a callback from customer services it will bypass the automated assistant during working hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Do not use 'does not fit' as the reason for return in the case = (change of mind which can be refused) ... input 'damaged item' and you should receive a prepaid label to return the item.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent