No option for 'Tracked 48 + Signature', only 'Tracked 48' - a buyer has complained.

I sell quite high value items and I can't just have them left on doorsteps or behind wheelie bins, so I use the 'Tracked 48 + Signature' service.

Unfortunately there's no clear way to show that on the Postage details on listings, so buyers are buying assuming it's safe-space delivery like many other Tracked 48 deliveries and they're not in to receive them. I've already had one item returned to me by Royal Mail and a complaint from a buyer (they didn't know it was signature delivery, putting it in the description is useless since nobody seems to read that).

All it needs is an extra postage option for us to select when setting the listing details, and it would fix the problem I think.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

No option for 'Tracked 48 + Signature', only 'Tracked 48' - a buyer has complained.

Wow your customer complained because you chose to protect their delivery with a signature !

Your customer could have changed the delivery date via RM even in flight if they were not going to be in - it's not as if they were not notified by RM and Ebay via tracking .

People just want everybody to work around them.

Only solution I can think of if you want to notify customers that they will have to sign for the delivery is set up an email explaining delivery and what is expected of them and how to change it and send it as soon as order is received - mind you don't RM do this once the package is received / awaiting receipt.

Not sure on that one but worth checking

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Seems a bit illogical of your customer to complain because you chose to use a tracked postal service that required a signature!  It sometimes seems as though some people really do have nothing better to do with their time than to try and find something to whinge about...

With regards to not being able to make it clear in the Postage section that you are sending items via Royal Mail Tracked 48 + Signature, what I would suggest you do until such time as eBay finally get around to providing a workable solution to the problem, would be that you type a sentence in the Item Description section, albeit in a much larger font and in bold type, possibly even in a totally different colour so that it sticks out like a sore thumb and practically grabs the reader's attention, saying something along the lines of "This item will be sent out via Royal Mail Tracked 48 + Signature."  That way if somebody does commit to purchasing an item that you are sending via Royal Mail Tracked 48 + Signature they cannot complain that they were not aware that you were sending it that way, as you could truthfully say that you made it quite clear in the listing that you would be sending it that way.

In the event that anybody purchases an item from you and then complains about you sending it via Royal Mail Tracked 48 + Signed, despite you stating it in the listing quite clearly so as to make them fully aware of the postage method used before they committed to buying the item, I'd say that the best option would be to add them to your Blocked Bidders List so that they cannot purchase anything else from you in the future and cause you any further aggravation.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I too send by tracked  48 sometimes with the signature option as well. I am finding an increase in buyers that have no mobile number, therefore they receive no tracking so would not be able to change delivery date with RM. Perhaps that was the case here?

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Can you not change via a pc on the website - you get notifications via email ?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent