New Royal Mail label layout

Why have they changed the label layout to include certificate of posting underneath the label, now I'm not able to print them on a 4 label sheet, have had to print them on A4 paper and cut them out to sellotape on.

Am I the only person this has happened to ?

Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Re: New Royal Mail label layout

Replying for any updates on this as it's completely ridiculous, you don't need a postage certificate 90% of the time so this change just creates a colossal waste of paper/ink/time for everyone. 

Message 21 of 35
See Most Recent

This has also happened to me causing the same problems for me as everyone else, I have done as user aiedw-67 has suggested to  use the "tell us what you think" link at the bottom of the print labels page. If everyone does this then they will be aware hopefully and they change it back

Message 22 of 35
See Most Recent

Same issue, as many others have said on here, this is a waste of paper, ink and time and needs to be changed.

I called eBay to query this and was told there had been numerous complaints which have been logged with the IT team - for what it's worth?!?

I was also told the certificates are a requirement when claiming for a lost item but if this is the case surely the best option would be a single certificate at the end of all bulk labels to cover all labels generated? 

Message 23 of 35
See Most Recent

Just a thought here but hear me out. Last year I had several late delivery defects removed by an rep on ebay for business on fb by adding a picture of my proof of posting to the chat. Then suddenly the reps stopped taking an uploaded photos of my printed receipts from the post office as evidence, one rep suggested that they  could even be forged (lol) and another said that the rep who had been removing the defects had had to have retraining. 
Maybe ebay have decided to add this certificate of posting so reps can accept it as evidence. The wording in the box with the arrow pointing towards the certificate states 'get it stamped in case you need to prove that your item was accepted into the RM network'

In any case this is not only a waste of resources & time on our behalf but also creates more work for the post office counter staff too. 
More needs to be done to get ebay towers to accept our official till receipts that are produced by scanning the barcode or qr code when we take our items to the PO. If anyone is going to the next roadshow please could this be brought up.

Message 24 of 35
See Most Recent

If this isn't sorted sharpish, I will just buy my postage elsewhere. I don't have time to indulge someone's incompetence.

Message 25 of 35
See Most Recent

I have just spoken to the most unhelpful ebay rep ever who insists they are not aware of the problem. She had no idea what I was talking about. I am pretty much done with ebay at this point and this is giving me the impetus I need to go independent they have royally screwed themselves again. Imagine claiming that ebay is unaware of any problems when the tiniest scan of the forums will show this is not the case 

Message 26 of 35
See Most Recent

Just to add my dissatisfaction - ebay please sort this - it must be optional to display this proof of posting. It wastes loads of ink for me printing something unecessary.

Message 27 of 35
See Most Recent

Very annoying, can't use my label printer now, having to screen shot, what a pain!

Message 28 of 35
See Most Recent

Or leave the option to print a certificate or not to the label purchaser. As is the case already, both from the purchase label page and the 

Track and manage your packages page

Message 29 of 35
See Most Recent

If anyone at ebay is listening, just put the labels back as they were. This is costing us time, the labels are virtually unreadable and we really can't mess about like this. 

Message 30 of 35
See Most Recent

Adding my voice of disapproval. The amount of paper I've just thrown away and the extra time taken is annoying.  Also rated my experience as 1 star and told Ebay what I think (although I suspect they don't get read).

Message 31 of 35
See Most Recent

That's 89 one star feedbacks they got this morning

It took a while but was worth it even though they probs won't get read.

What is so frustrating is that every now and again when bulk printing (on my admin printer - not label printer) one just shoots without the chuffing extra bit

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 32 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi everyone, thanks for your messages.

This is an ongoing issue from our end, we don't have an estimated fix time, but we are working on it to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Marco

I am currently away and will return on the 20th of May. Please expect a delay in my reply

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 33 of 35
See Most Recent

what i have just discovered is export as pdf then square and crop the label, using a new thermal printer so you can imagine the swearing and the knashing of teeth with this idiotic new layout that no one asked for.  when it comes to 4 on an A4 best to open blank sheet and put the 4 labels in at once for printing.

Message 34 of 35
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply on here. I'm also incredibly frustrated at being wasteful of ink, time and paper today because of this change. Please ask your IT team to make the certificate part an optional print-out. Thanks!

Message 35 of 35
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: