Multiple shipping addresses to get cheaper shipping

Buyers are able to have many shipping addresses on their account. Is the practice of changing your primary address between the time of invoice to payment in order to get a cheaper delivery cost a new thing or have I perhaps been lucky up until now? Buyer registered in China had an address in France as their primary on invoice but changed it to a primary address in the US when they paid. This has enabled them to get the European shipping cost price for a US delivery. 🤔

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure, but I if there is a potential loophole, someone will discover it & use it. However, if it does work, one might wonder why they wouldn't simply use a UK address to make it even more cost-effective or even free postage? (maybe too easy to spot?).

I would send then the below message & see what they say, be polite,

I apologize for any confusion, but it seems there might be a slight misunderstanding regarding the delivery. It appears that there might be a challenge in locating your address within the European region. If it's not too much trouble, could you kindly confirm the specific region within Europe where your address is situated? Once we have this information, we will promptly address the matter and ensure your order is on its way to Europe without any further delay.

Your assistance in resolving this matter is greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi sweetpeadave, thanks for your post.

Once a buyer wins or buys an item, the shipping address assigned to the transaction will be the one selected by the buyer, and this cannot be change afterwards at all by anyone after winning an item or purchasing an item. If you think this was changed, that shouldn't have happened, so I would ask you to provide two screenshots to confirm you got two different addresses, and I will assist you further once you provide that no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Hello Marco. Sorry to not reply sooner but I have been a bit poorly!

I am unable to find the europe address in the transactions information. I just have my Husbands verbal evidence! He may have got it wrong but I am sure he hasn't. I have blocked her from coming onto my page any more and will be aware in future that this may happen if indeed it is a thing...

Hope you had a nice break...Lesley

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

thank you for tking the time to reply. I have been a little poorly so aplologise for not answering sooner.

I am hopeful this is a blip and will certainly be aware in future. I was expecting further issues but so far fingers crossed and it has been delivered....

Happy New Year, Lesley

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am afraid I have been a little poorl;y so only back to the computer---

I am hoping this is a one off and will certainly be aware in the future. I have been on ebay long enough to have seen a lot of tweaks by buyers and am always appreciative of their ingenuity?

Happy New Year, Lesley

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent