Lost package

Good afternoon, I was hoping to get some help. I made a purchase on ebay on the 28th of November 2023. I arranged for the item to be delivered to a click and collect point. The item had arrived on the 1st of December at the collection point but I was unaware as the email went to my spam folder so I didnt see it until the 23rd of December when realising I hadn't heard any update. Upon realising the email I instantly went to the shop although it stated on the collection email that items not collected after 7 days would be returned to sender. Only the item is still showing as delivered to the collection point and no further tracking information to state it was returned to the sender. I went to the collection point to double check if they still had the package, they claimed it was collected by Royal mail on the 8th of December 2023. I then contacted the Ebay seller to ask if they had received the item back or had any contact to say such. The seller claims to have not had any update other than it has been delivered to collection point. I have since been in back and forth contact with the seller, along with royal mail and I have visited the collection point 2 more times to confirm they definetly don't have it. I'm now at a loss as the item bought cost £80 and is worth more in value and sentimentality. I'm not sure where to go from here as Royal Mail are saying that the seller would have to claim on the item themself for me to get refunded but the seller is arguing with me that I am the one that needs to claim on the missing package. Please could you guide me in the right direction, sorry if it's alot to take on. This has been non stop stress since before Christmas and I would you just like some help with the situation.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Lost package

It is far too late to do anything through Ebay and the seller is not prepared to help you.  Royal Mail have told you that you are ineligible to claim and the seller won't make a claim.  It doesn't really matter - even if 50 people told you that the seller should claim, you cannot force them to do so.  They may already be too late to claim from RM in any case.

See if you can make a claim through your payment provider.

If tracking shows the item was returned, uncollected from the Click and Drop address, you may be eligible to open a charge back.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent