Item return after case decided in my favour

A case decided that i,the buyer should be refunded for a faulty item(£350).The private seller says they have not been given the option to send me a returns label,but will pay me the cost of return.

What is the situation,If i then buy the postage and send it (insured).Surely it will then be me as the sender, that will have to claim the money back from Royal Mail if it goes missing,as i assume i will not get the item refund from the seller if it does not get back to them.I know i will have the postage and tracking receipt.

Would be really grateful if someone could help.

Many regards.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the seller doesn't send you a label within 3 business working days,  then the option will appear for you to escalate the case , ask eBay to step in and they'll force the refund.

If you opened a case for item not as described,  and the seller is UK based there is no reason they cannot send a postage label to you,  the case clearly explains the process.

So, when that time lapses,  and it is timed to the second the option to escalate will not appear before time, just escalate and eBay will force that refund.

@ks5351952 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

If you opened a case for item not as described,  it shows there,  for the seller,  how to pay and send you a pre paid return fully tracked label for the item.

Did you open a case for the reason item not as described  / faulty.  Then,  this gives the seller 3 days to accept the case and send you that label.  If they don't and 3 full business days pass, escalate the case and eBay will step in and force the refund.

However,  if you opened a straight return, these are for change of mind / does not fit reasons,   the buyer here needs to pay for that tracked return postage.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

"Did you open a case for the reason item not as described / faulty. Then, this gives the seller 3 days to accept the case and send you that label. If they don't and 3 full business days pass, escalate the case and eBay will step in and force the refund."

Yes this is my situation.The seller says he has no option his end,to purchase a label ,and ebay have told him he can send shipping  money to me and then i post.Does not sound right to me but i don't know.

As far as that goes,i have always been under the impression,that it is always the sender of an item by Royal Mail that is responsible for that item, and also be the one to claim if it goes missing.

Do you know what happens to my refund if it didn't make it back to the seller.

Thanks  

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Is the seller registered in the UK ,you can view their feedback page to check.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

If your seller is based overseas this would be a reason why he can't send a label.

He should be able to uy a label online as he will already have the weight of the item.

If he still has not sent you a label after 4 days escalate your case for ebay to step in.

******************************************************************************************