Item from US to UK marked as delivered but not received

I bought an item from a US seller, my address is in the UK. The listing states "Postage: USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service".

Yesterday afternoon I received an email from eBay saying package has been delivered. No-one rang my doorbell or knocked on my door and there was no package on my doorstep or outside anywhere near my front door.

I clicked on the tracking number in the email, for the UK it states cleared customs on 28 Dec, then out for delivery yesterday lunchtime and finally it lists as delivered at 7.06pm. The email from ebay saying parcel had been delivered was received at 5.15pm -  two hours earlier than the time it was supposedly delivered according to the tracking info.

I noticed that on the email and tracking info on ebay it states the courier info as something called "Ebay Send" so I contacted both the seller and ebay. Neither of them can give me any further info, no details as to who the UK couriers are, no proof of delivery, nothing. The seller tells me they can't track the package as they sent it to ebay. Ebay tell me they don't have any more information than I already have, which is zero.

The ebay reps I dealt with on phone and chat basically brushed off the issue, they seem to think there isn't a problem because I'll get my money back if I open a case.

Is this how shipping from overseas to UK now works with Ebay? You pay a substantial amount for shipping and the tracking turns out to be worthless because there is no courier info or proof of delivery in the UK? And if your order goes missing not only can no-one tell you where your package is but no-one is bothered about trying to find out? If this is the way it works now I won't be ordering from overseas anymore...

Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0