Ebay delivery date mess up now making times up on when tracking number provided .

Oh dear...........

It appears that ebay are now making up times on items purchased from sellers on the delivery history section.

Please see issue

Buyer purchased item today at 12/12/23  1.20pm this afternoon via standard 2 - 3 day delivery. 

Printed off postage label ready.

Looked on the buyers estimated delivery time, it states arrival 13th December - 14th December. This is impossible as the parcel will not be collected until tomorrow by the courier (13th Dec) as it was purchased after our dispatch cut off time 9am.

Looked further down on the page under "Delivery history "

Tuesday 12th December at 6.47am tracking provided.  The buyer did not purchase the item until 1.20pm, so how can it state a postage label was created at 6.47am.

This means that ebay thinks we should of posted the item today and this is the issue. How can tracking be provided at 6.47am when the buyer did not purchase the item from us until 1.20pm on 12th December 2023.

Is this one of the reasons why we are all seeing totally unrealistic delivery times for buyers, as purchases made after the dispatch cut off time are actually being classed as purchases prior to the cut off time.  Hence why the buyers delivery dates are incorrect. 

See the photos attachedBuyers purchased date and timeBuyers purchased date and timeEbays made up time of purchaseEbays made up time of purchase

marco@ebay katie@ebay anita@ebay  

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay delivery date mess up now making times up on when tracking number provided .

Hi  lincolnshiremarine, thanks for flagging this with us.

I will review this for you as well, and I will provide you with an update here once I have one.

Have a good one,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I read this with interest on the weekly chat, I have exactly the same issue.
According to eBay I created tracking at 1.46am some mornings....

I notice the order purchased time is GMT, but the tracking No isn't identified as GMT , so therefore is it Eastern?

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

The same happens to all items we sell when we print off the labels. 

See another one today .........Time of real purchase 3.05PM ON 13/12/23Time of real purchase 3.05PM ON 13/12/23made up time tracking number 9.20AM 13/12/23made up time tracking number 9.20AM 13/12/23

Buyer purchased item at 3.05pm today (13/12/23) printed off the postage label via ebay.  Look at the second photo, tracking number provided 13/12/23 at 9.20am.  Order number 05-10929-34720

How is that possible that a tracking number can be provided earlier than the buyer went ahead and brought the item?

This error is on every postage we print out via ebay, for all our buyers.

Best wishes & thank you for your time.

marco@ebay 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

marco@ebay 

Do have anymore insight into this ?

I know you said you'd post back when you had more info, I just wanted to bump it.

I had a sale at 10.37am yesterday, yet I created the label at 4.08am ? My cut off is 5am, so which time stands?

TIA

Jo4CE1208A-9856-4FE0-B9DB-217AB878C3CD.jpegE0DD7A96-DD22-4EF6-9F70-7ADD13FB8734.jpeg

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

marco@ebay 

Marco can you please update when this will be fixed ?

as this is either still happening or started again ( if it was fixed) as I only noticed this recently.

I posted a new thread about this same issue plus added 2 extra new issues such as; 2 different sets of EDD's shown to buyers for same order & EDD's promises same day delivery as dispatch day for 2 class post with many screen shots.

I agree with the OP & think all of this is connected somehow, any progress since it was brought to your attention back in December ?  

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/EDD-s-shows-same-day-delivery-as-dispatch-day-for-2...

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi there,

No further updates on this as of now. As advised before, I will post back here once I have an update.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you marco@ebay.

I appreciate you letting me know you are still looking into this, as it is the same issue for all the purchases even now.

I do not know what is happening to ebays postage system but it is not fit for purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

Any news please?

There are others with the same issue.

Best wishes

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: