EDD's shows same day delivery as dispatch day for 2 class post ! also wrong time zone shown

marco@ebay

Just looked up the EDD's for my weekend's sales I only just posted today, all show "ARRIVES TODAY" !!!

yet I only added tracking & dispatched them today around 1PM  using 2 class post (RM48) that takes 2-3 days to arrive, so why is ebay promising my customers that orders POSTED PM TODAY will ARRIVE TODAY !?

That is faster then light delivery, Royal Mail has't got Time Machine to deliver items.

Please have a look into this.

Also all my orders dispatched today, show wrong time of "tracking added" as early morning, anything between 1AM - 5AM ! why ? again all my items were posted & marked as dispatched at the same time around 1PM. & not during the night when I was asleep.  Why the huge time discrepancy ?

4.png

Anyone else ntoiced this ?

Message 1 of 53
See Most Recent
52 REPLIES 52

EDD's shows same day delivery as dispatch day for 2 class post ! also wrong time zone shown

marco@ebay 

Marco, tagged you wrongly in my OP.

To add some screenshots of the wrong time zone shown when you click on the tracking numbers, it shows totally wrong  AM time when I only dispatch afternoons, so huge time difference.

Maybe that's why the system is showing same day delivery as dispatch for 2 class post today ? because of the time zone bug ?? - can you pleasee pass this on to tech team, EDD's team, etc.

Q. why is the system showing hours difference between "tracking details uploaded" & "tracking number provided" ??

The tracking was "provided" & "uploaded"  at the exact same time:

worse tracking.png

Again showing the wrong time for "tracking number provided " as an early AM time zone yet the tracking number are always provided in the afternoons PM UK time ???  I sleep at night & dont process orders at those hours.

Today all 3 items marked as dispatched/tracking uploaded  at the exact same PM time, yet all 3 items again are showing the wrong & totally different AM times as "tracking number provided" ??

how is that even possible?

3.11AM.png

5.12AM.png

2.46AM.png

The same wrong time zones were shown when checking orders for last few days, again items always posted late PM UK time zone yet showing the wrong AM times :

7.48AM.png

6.48am.png

Message 2 of 53
See Most Recent

Ah EDDs, the gift that keeps on giving... 🙄

Message 3 of 53
See Most Recent

Indeed.

marco@ebay 

Forgot to add another new issue I noticed today where the customers gets 2 different sets of EDD's for the same single transaction, so very confusing as to when to expect delivery.

Posted by Royal Mail 2 class economy (RM48) that takes 2-3 days for delivery.

If you look in the Order Details it tells you: " 17th-18th  estimated delivery date shown to buyer",

but if you click on the tracking number in that same Order Details page it shows you different EDD's as

"Arrives 16th-17th Jan", so a day earlier delivery.

How can you have 2 different sets of EDD's for the same single transaction ??

Please pass this on to the relevant tech team to correct.

to reproduce the results you'd need to open the Order Details page to see the EDD shown to buyer :

1.png

then click on the tracking number in that Order Details page & you'll see different EDD's shown to buyer 16th-17th instead of the original 17th-18th :

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 16.06.36.png

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Message 4 of 53
See Most Recent

@best-range 

Same happened to @lincolnshiremarine and myself leading up to Christmas week.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage/Ebay-delivery-date-mess-up-now-making-times-up-on-when-track...

I know I keep harping on about but the only way for me to avoid these errors and defects for EDDs is to use C&D non intergrated. 

Jo

Message 5 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi,

I have not read so far about 2 sets of different EDD's given to the buyers for same single transaction or same dispatch as delivery day glitch for 2 class post, maybe i missed the thread.

I read about the misleading weekend's EDD's glitches that been going on for months if not longer but this is new.

Also the wrong time zone given which I'm sure is messing up the EDD's as well.

As a business seller I have a business account with RM so cannot start using more expensive non-integrated system to buy postage to bypass ebay glitches.

I really don't care about defects as they're all added then immediately removed by ebay system automatically.

What I do care about is that my customers are getting the correct EDD's & not being over-promissed impossible EDD's like same day delivery as dispatch day for economy 2 class post.

Here we go again, another sale today & yet another EDD's glitch with 2 sets of different EDD's on the same Order Details & a promise of same day delivery as dispatch for 2 class post. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 16.24.36.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 16.31.51.png

Message 6 of 53
See Most Recent

This is still going on & no response from marco@ebay, dave@ebay or anyone@ebay ???

Are any other sellers seeing this when you click on the tracking number  in the Order Details - this is what your customers see.

Again,  economy 2 class service is still being shown to buyers as an EXPRESS SAME /NEXT DAY DELIVERY, this is sooo wrong!  there is no such service that delivers item SAME DAY in the UK  !

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 10.24.57.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 10.32.21.png

Message 7 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi best-range, thanks for your post.

I will report the wrong times being shown to you now. I will also review how this could possibly be afecting EDDs for you. However, to set up the correct expectation, I don't think EDDs are being impacted by this, and the only issue might just be the wrong times being displayed, if that is confirmed, that would be the only thing to get corrected.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 53
See Most Recent

marco@ebay wrote:

Hi best-range, thanks for your post.

I will report the wrong times being shown to you now. I will also review how this could possibly be afecting EDDs for you. However, to set up the correct expectation, I don't think EDDs are being impacted by this, and the only issue might just be the wrong times being displayed, if that is confirmed, that would be the only thing to get corrected.

Thank you,

Marco

Thanks for your reply,

Hope you've noticed I reported 3 separate issues, that may or may not be connected, have no idea.

Please make sure the relevant teams get all 3 issue to look at.

Summary :

Issue 1,  Wrong EDD's shown to buyers in their Order Details for 2 class post promissing same day or next day express delivery instead of 2-3 business days.

Issue 2,  Two different sets of EDD's are shown to buyers with different dates for the same transaction in their Order Details, which EDD is correct ? 

Issue 3, Wrong time zone, non-UK,  is added to tracking numbers.

Examples of all the above 3 issues already given with screenshots in previous posts.

Thanks for your assistence! 

Message 9 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi best-range

I've reported this a few times to ebay and on the weekly chat, reference the tracking number times being fabricated and even before the purchase. 

Marco today 16th Jan 2024 states he is still looking into it, but, other members had to chase this for me, thank you.

I have no idea why it is taking so long to get this issue resolved. Ebay would not accept this lengthy time period from us the seller to resolve issues with our buyers. 

You might as well speak to a brick wall with regards the EDD as well, as ebay claims is it working. 

We have had a cases last week where the buyer messaged us about being late on the delivery,  only for us to point them in the direction of the actual couriers website to show them the delivery on ebay is wrong.  Luckily for us they have accepted this and went by the delivery date given by the courier.

What can we all see that ebay just cannot? which is common sense and going by the actual couriers whom deliver the parcels with the correct realtime delivery dates.

I am beginning to think that the weekly chat team are Bots.

I was told last week that I had mentioned the EDD several times before and ebay have nothing further to report, bascially, I was told to shut in a dipolmatic way. 

However, we should not be made to feel wrong reporting an issue that is still there and not working. We pay ebay for a service and some elements of that service are faulty.

Today a buyer purchased an item at 11.38am on 16th January 2024, on a standard free, three day delivery. Under delivery history  tracking number provided it quoted the time at 6.24am???? 

The buyer can now see delivery will be either 17th Jan - 18th Jan. 

It has missed todays courier collection service 16th Jan, so will not be collected until tomorrow by the courier which is the 17th, then it has to go to the distribution centre to be sent out.  It will not reach the buyer by ebays EDD. We then look like we are lying just to drum up business, as I would guess that the buyer thinks we set the delivery dates our end on ebay.  

marco@ebay  surely you can see the issue?

Best wishes  

Message 10 of 53
See Most Recent

Dear marco

Your quote 

"I will report the wrong times being shown to you now. I will also review how this could possibly be afecting EDDs for you. However, to set up the correct expectation, I don't think EDDs are being impacted by this, and the only issue might just be the wrong times being displayed, if that is confirmed, that would be the only thing to get corrected" 

I thought you had already reported the same issue when I raised it back in December and still awaiting an answer.

Does there have to be more than one person report an issue before you look into it and try to resolve it please? as @best-range has reported the same issue as me.

Lets see what happens when we  get wrong times rectified by ebay, (please advise how long this will take as I have waited a while now) and then see if this does change the EDD to the realtime correct delivery dates. By real time I mean the actual delivery dates that the couriers whom are delivering the parcel give. 

If it does not change ebays EDD times after you have corrected the error with regards the times, then we have one remaining issue that many have all reported that needs to be resolved, being incorrect delivery dates stated by ebay.

Best wishes

Message 11 of 53
See Most Recent

Thank you for tagging me in bojangled, Marco has replied stating still looking into it, yet claims he is reporting it today as best-range has now reported it.

I've asked Marco how many sellers need to report an issue before resolving it.

Best wishes

Message 12 of 53
See Most Recent

marco@ebay

It's getting worse, please compare those two screenshots - one taken yesterday & one just now of the same page, item I sold yesterday & look at their EDD's. - totally different, they were changed.

Item posted yesterday & at the time of adding tracking ebay promissed the delivery on the same day MONDAY as dispatch !, the 15th-16th of Jan.  but today ebay changed the EDD's to SUNDAY !  - so 1 day before it was even dispatched !???!!! .

Why had the EDD's been changed from MONDAY - which was crazy enough - to SUNDAY ? FOR 2 CLASS POST  - making the EDD'S DELIVERY BEFORE DISPATCH  !!

yesterday screenshot promising SAME DAY DELIVERY AS DISPATCH:

4.png

Same page today's screenshot , note the EDD's have now changed FROM MONDAY THE 15TH to SUNDAY THE 14TH ! - so delivery 1 day before it was posted !!

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 15.21.06.png

Will be anxiously awaiting INR cases of items posted via 2 class post that according to ebay's EDD's supposed to arrive the day before they were even posted !!!  "working as intended" ......

Message 13 of 53
See Most Recent

We have today seen the same issue, but worse than normal estimated dates.

Buyer placed an order at 7.46pm on Thursday 11th January, so obviously past our same day shipping.

Item was packed and posted with their chosen free delivery option of RM48 (2 class post) and sent Friday 12th January.

The estimated delivery shown to buyer was between Saturday 13th - Monday 15th January.

The buyer has opened a case Tuesday 16th January claiming the item did not arrive on 13th January, as promised.

This was order number 23-11031-18913 on our other account.

So according to eBay, Royal Mail 48 (2nd class post) is now a next day service including Saturday delivery... 

Royal Mail are useless and not even close to achieving their delivery targets in many parts of the country.

eBay are completely disregarding this.

All of the blame is always and only attributed to the seller, which can lead to higher fees for the aforementioned seller; creating a commercial advantage for eBay from their own failure.

This leads to increased buyer dissatisfaction

This leads to increased seller dismay
This also leads to a loss in revenue for eBay and eBay's shareholders, as why would anyone in their right mind pay extra for faster shipping, if the free economy delivery is arriving next day anyway?

This all leads to less buyers using the platform due to being annoyed that stuff takes longer to arrive than eBay have "estimated"

This also all leads to a terrific amount of wasted time and effort from many hard working sellers, that are stuck in a Groundhog Day of opened cases and where's my stuff emails.

eBay say it is working as planned, that is only true if you planned it to be WRONG!!

marco@ebay 
dave@ebay 
anita@ebay 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 14 of 53
See Most Recent

Just checked my post sent by C&D linked to RM a/c today to find the same complete utter farce.

Items sent to local area showing 3 day delivery but to Scotland an item supposedly sent at 0529am will arrive today! I was in bed asleep then - yes I know I should be working 24/7 365 days a year but sorry Ebay I'm human not a robot.

So like others wrong despatch time and same day delivery with 2nd class post. Same type of item sent 2nd class to Norfolk today, Jan 16th, within my despatch timeframe gives EDD of Jan 15 - Jan 17.  So now I need a time machine to be able to achieve Ebay "working as designed" EDD.

marco@ebay my wife had the misfortune to work for an American company so I do understand that you are in a difficult situation as accepting/reporting there is a problem will not be popular with your bosses. However in the face of all the evidence being presented it is not a tenable position to keep parroting "working as designed" unless its been designed wrongly or in a manner to deliberately set up sellers to fail. Somewhat similar to the Royal Mail Horizon scandal - if you are not in the UK then a quick google search will enlighten you.

Message 15 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi

In our case it is Yodel deliveries that we are having the issues with.

I would love to visit ebay corporate headquarters to get them to listen, instead of being fobbed off every Wednesday on the weekly chat.

Ebay are making us look like we are lying to our customers in regards delivery dates, they are making good honest sellers look like idioits.

I really do think ebay are not taking our complaints seriously. 

Any ideas how we can get someone higher to get this resolved?

As mentioned I was told in the weekly chat I had already mentioned the EDD several times and no further information can be given, other than the system is working.

I highlighted the made up time, under delivery history and another seller did too in the weekly chat. However, today Marco informed me they are still looking into it. 

If I took that long to reply to buyers with problems, Ebay would soon step in and punish me for bad customer service.  

Perhaps someone else can bring the subject up again at 2pm on Wednesday 16th weekly chat,  so I will not get told off again!!!

Best wishes.

P.S I hope your up very early in the morning to print off your orders to beat ebays EDD.

Message 16 of 53
See Most Recent

So it's not just Royal Mail, this bug is also affecting the timetable for other couriers. 

I used to bring the issue of EDD's to the Wednesday Q&A but always got the same copy/paste reply "working as intended", so what's the point? I hope marco@ebay can help more by presenting this thread & the other one on business board to the relevant teams.

Some of those issues esp. pre-purchase EDD's been going on for longer then a year but some are very recent only started when the new "Track Package" page was rolled out a few weeks ago & have mostly to do with post-purchase delivery dates promised by ebay to buyers. 

So far the issues I experienced are :

Issue 1,  Wrong EDD's shown to buyers in their Order Details for 2 class post promising same day or next day express delivery instead of 2-3 business days. 

Issue 2,  Two different sets of EDD's with different dates for the same transaction are shown to buyers. The one in the Order Details page shows a different dates then the one in the Track Package page - 1 day shorter.  So which EDD’s are correct ? 

Issue 3, Non-UK time zone shown in the “Track Package” page once the tracking number is added.

Issue 4, Ebay advertises RM 2 class post as "will arrive on SUNDAY's for Friday's purchases, there is no such service available in the UK. This particular bug affects Friday's purchases made both before & after the cut off time for the day.

Customers who bought items late Friday evening been told their item will "Arrive Sunday " !  yet the next dispatch day was after weekend, 2 days later Monday!  resulting in this ridiculous situation where ebay promises “ Delivery before the Posting/Dispatch day.

To get items delivered on Sundays customers would have to pay extra for Next Day Express Guarantee delivery or expensive RM24 tracked service with extra fee to pay for the "Guarantee Sunday delivery" part. 

In those very rare instances when a customer pays for the express Sunday delivery items would still have to be bought before the cut off time for the day on Fridays for it to work & not after the cut off time as it’s the case presently. 

Personally I don't offer neither of those services, my "free postage" is 2 class yet I see Friday's orders posted on Monday showing Sunday's delivery  & "running late " message.  Example of it in my previous post when item posted on the 15th Monday but EDD's showed delivery on the 14th Sunday ! - so 1 day before dispatch ??

Issue 5.  Once item is posted & allocated tracking number ( with the wrong time zone) the original EDD's shown at the time changes the next day to a different date.   In my case to 1 day earlier going back in time to before the item was even dispatched - screenshot provided in my previous post. 

That makes a promise for either "Delivery before Dispatch" case which is ridiculous or equally crazy  “Same Day delivery as Dispatch day” for economy 2 class post.

Issue 6.  The system is not dynamic enough as it does not recognizes the cut off time for same day dispatch, it will go on unchanged until midnight  & it does not matter if I set up 5 AM or 5PM as my cut off time it simply have no affect & is overridden by the system.  So when customers make a purchase after the cut of time for the day they’re being promissed “next day delivery” or if bought on Friday  a Sunday delivery for 2 class post.

Same goes for emergency days off, the system wont adapt to changes made .    It wont recognize that I switched a day off as cannot post orders that day,  the system just carry on promising the same EDD's regardless.

If anyone else noticed any of those issues ( so far) please indicate which issue are you experiencing or add a new issue if not yet listed.

I hope this would help the tech team to narrow down the problems & hopefully fix it, as this simply cannot gone for much longer.

Message 17 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi best-range

I am getting the impression the ebay weekly chat team are not escalating this problem. 

I have raised this issue several times being online chat with an ebay agent, and, the weekly community team.   They have had long enough to get this resolved.

The issues you have mentioned I have raised, and others have too.

As mentioned we use Yodel and we are expericing this are per your list.

Issue 2,  Two different sets of EDD's with different dates for the same transaction are shown to buyers. The one in the Order Details page shows a different dates then the one in the Track Package page - 1 day shorter.  So which EDD’s are correct ?    YES WE ARE TOO.

Yodel is 72 hours delivery (this is printed on the Yodel ebay label we use)  before I print off the customers delivery label the delivery time is correct 72 hours delivery. As soon as I print the ebay label off, it then gives delivery as the next day or the following. This is not 72 hours, yet the tracking on Yodels website is corrrect, 72 hours. I have attached the Yodel label printed from ebay.

Issue 3, Non-UK time zone shown in the “Track Package” page once the tracking number is added. YES WE ARE TOO 

Issue 5.  Once item is posted & allocated tracking number ( with the wrong time zone) the original EDD's shown at the time changes the next day to a different date.  YES WE ARE TOO 

Issue 6.  The system is not dynamic enough as it does not recognizes the cut off time for same day dispatch, YES WE ARE TOO 

See another case:

Buyer buys an item at 4.08pm today (17th January) says delivery 20th January.  As soon as I printed off the ebay label,  it went to delivery 18th Jan or  19th January and under delivery history tracking time 10.04am,  17th January.  There is no way the parcel will get to the buyer 18th or 19th as it will not be collected from the courier until tomorrow, and the time is wrong on the order history tracking.

katie@ebay marco@ebay I have provided examples of this issue before.

This should be a simple enough problem to solve. Use the information provided by the actual companies delivering the parcels. They are the people who are delivering the items, they know how long an item takes to deliver. eBay do not deliver parcels. If eBay want to set up delivery service, then it will be in eBay's hands regrding the delivery time. I am sure sellers would be happy to use the new eBay delivery service, if they can deliver on a next day or even same day service as being indicated to the customers at the present time.

This is not the level of customer service we expect from the ebay.  Our voices are not being heard on this issue.

Please give us the reassurance as ebay paying clients, that this bug is being fixed by the correct team, and it is in fact being passed to the correct team.  If you are not able to help us, rather than ignore us, please pass over a different contact to get this rectified.

Best wishes

Message 18 of 53
See Most Recent

I can confirm issues 1 to 5 experienced.

Also agree that there are major tech bugs in the system. Another unrelated bug was that just recently overseas customers were being overcharged. See screenshot for a sample. I did try opening a thread and asking marco to look into & respond without any joy. Over a week or so various changes were made until the bug was eventually fixed.

Unfortunately Ebays attitude to bugs is ignore, deny & lie - very similar to RM & Horizon.

Message 19 of 53
See Most Recent

Was looking at weekly chat today while hitting my head on the table with many of the responses.

Read through part of one answer several times, and Dave really did say this about how

FDDs "can sometimes lead to the earliest EDD showing the same date as the dispatch date " ?

Astronomy is looking up
Message 20 of 53
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: