Ebay Denying the dynamic EDD (estimated delivery date) shown to buyers is not working

Hi all,

For months now i have issues with the EDD being shown to buyers being incorrect. We have our standard post set to 2nd class which Royal Mail say can take 2-3 working days, eBay also note this on the postage selection when lisitng the item they advise 2-3 working days for 2nd class.

However when a buyer buys an item which is due to be dispatched on Monday for example the buyer is shown a EDD of Tuesday to Wednesday this is only 1-2 working days which is 1st class and not 2nd class as i have chosen. I also had a recent example of an order not due to be dispatched until the 18th December, however the EDD shown to the buyer was 18th December (same day as dispatch) and 19th December this is a 0-1 working day EDD.

I raised this with eBay showing them the screen shot and they said everything is working fine and have completly refused to accept that it is not possible for an item to be sent 2nd class to arrive on the same day of dispatch. According to them this is acceptable and accurate!!

Is anyone else having issues with EDD? i have seen it mentioned every single week on the commnunity thread but the eBay emplyees just use the same "its working as designed" answer and are not accepting that when a community say its broke its broke.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay Denying the dynamic EDD (estimated delivery date) shown to buyers is not working

Maybe put it differently to the chat team.

Ask them what they would do in this scenario.

They go to the post office in the morning.

Pays for 1st class service with 1 -2 days delivery.

But the post master mentions that EDD says the buyer is expecting the parcel this afternoon.

Would they say That seems fair and working as designed  - Or not

Astronomy is looking up
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

That's how i put it to them, they always count the day it sent as 1 day, I told them that in that case if i sent it first class and that's 1-2 days then the customer should expect it the day it's sent as that is 1 day. They make your head hurt with excuses after.

Never any logic in their EDD, had one order to go to Scotland from the south coast England that they gave 2 days EDD and then the next order had to go 5 miles and they gave that one 3 days EDD

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Sadly the community team just need to either copy and paste stuff or say they will pass it onto the department and see if they can fix it. Thats not just for EDD but everything on the site, they have no power at all, thats why a couple of weeks ago I mentioned they should actually get people who can look into issues themselves, managers who have power and when they say they will look into it the people they speak to will actually work. I'm hoping this will eb implement but it'll take months as thats hwo eBay roll.

The EDD and reporting (others things too) have been broken for weeks, months and years but the people who created the system are obviously saying its working fine so the team just repeat that as thats what they are getting told, you need to bypass the team and go straight to the top level, if one person does it they will brush it off but if they are getting 5 or 6 emails a day saying the same issues they may start actually listening. I still think the weekly chats should just be cancelled and replaced with a much more senior member every month or 2 who can look into issues with authority.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

There is no logic to it you are correct, as the example i gave was right in the buys Christmas period. Ebay say its dynamic so surely they would extend the EDD not make going to the absolute extreme putting it far too short and not realistic at all.

Its unfair on us sellers keep having to explain to buyers that the EDD is not accurate, but eBay just keep brushing it off saying is working. The amount of other sellers telling them it is not accurate surely they must think hmmmm something is up here.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I agree with this they should have poeple from the departments answering the questions. 

How do you get through to the departments? i tried the chat but they just say the same they will pass it on and nothing comes back

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

It only gets worse, I have mine now set to 10 day despatch to get around it so they have more time to arrive. Any orders paid for today would have the 12th as despatch day but according to the EDD they will arrive the 7th-13th. I send second class so if sent on the 12th they have 1 day to get to the customer.Luckily eBay have invented time travel for the PO

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I have the manager from the department I deal with due to going to the eBay open event and have a few from Pro Trader, whenever I get an email from anyone who seems to know what they are talking about or have some power I save it. If you just google ebay ceo email one does come up and you then get a reply from the executive team, they are most likely going to give you a copy and paste but with proof and screengrabs and order numbers they sometimes do actually reply with a bespoke reply.

If you can get to any of the events or do the pro trader programme I'd recommend it, they do have good advice but its the connections you can gain from them.

I've been having issues with customer service for 3 months with promises of call backs and the usual, finally emailed the manager I know and hes replied in 24 hours even though they are out of office and I actually believe them when they said they will get to the bottom of the issues.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: