Changing Listings For Royal Mail Price Increase

I have around 500 items for sale at any one time on ebay, so every time Royal Mail increase their prices I have to go through EVERY item to change the prices for domestic and four different foreign prices.  This takes DAYS.

Is there somewhere I can change the price in one place, then 'insert' that 'code' into the listings?  

I've looked at the Postage Rate Tables, but seem to go round in circles there...will persevere if this is where I can do this?  

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You need Business policies - Postage

Business policies - Overview (ebay.co.uk)

You don't need to be a business to use them. You can set different prices for different weights, then when you need to change them, you just chjange the price on that policy, and it will apply to all your listings that have that policy.

Or you can select all the listings that you want to change that will have the same price, select 'edit' and bulk change the price.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

As suggested easiest way is bussiness policies.

If you need to increase price accross the board you can use bulk edit, you can increase or discount your price in there easily.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I've tried using Potage Rate Tables and cannot get them to work properly at all.  Without Business Policies Bulk Edit allows me to choose a table but after submitting the changes nothing happens items stay at same price as before.   

When I use Business Policies everytime I amend  an individual item it creates another business policy - I ended up with 10 amended lisings and 10 extra business policies. Plus I only want to change International postage not domestic but if I want to change domestic postage on an individual item it wont let me unless I create another business policy.

I have twice had contact with Ebay with no success. I think I will end up using the Bulk Editor grouping items together of similar size and weight

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I also have issues with eBay creating random duplicate business/postage policies, but as long as you tidy them up on a regular basis, it's not too difficult to navigate and certainly much quicker than amending items individually.  Don't forget that in addition to amending the policy which will automatically update the associated listings, you can also move listings attached to one policy onto another.  So for example, you can set up your new policy with the changes you want and then move all the relevant listings onto that policy.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Thing is it also messes with my domestic postage which I dont want to fiddle with, hence why I only set up Postage Rate tables for International.

I've now had three conversations with Ebay and still nothing to suggest a way forward!

Just dont know why Rate Tables wont apply without Business Policies when they say they should and videos show it on Youtube working ok.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent