Buyer didnt collect parcel, after long time, post sent me back the item

Hello, i sent an item to the person. After some time i saw, that delivery failed. I contacted the buyer, that he whould collect it.  He said there are no parcels for him and etc. But from what i can see, he didnt go to post office to check it.  I sent through post office, but he somehow sent me a HERMES (not the "Deutche post") email. So he didnt went to post ofiice for a long time, and now i got the parcel back. On the parcel it says " NOT COLLECTED". I contacted buyer, he agrees to pay me more, that i would send him this parcel again. How i can send him invoice? Or maybe i should do something else? Please help, because i cant find anything on ebay help..

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

The best way forward is to refund your buyer, you can do this within a 90 day period, and then relist it for the buyer to buy again.

Then, you are protected with a new tracking number,  and the buyer is protected with the item then being under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy.

Cancel, selecting the reason... Problem with Buyer's Address,  that way your seller fees are refunded,  and your seller performance not affected.

Message the buyer to inform them of the above actions you are taking, so they know to buy the item again,  once it's relisted on eBay.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

But i will lose money this way. This is a free giveaway, not buisness. Its not my fault, that the buyer didint collect it. Now i have to pay for the postage again if i cancel the order. I spent time tracking parcel, messaged buyer to inform it is at the post office. He ignored all that. 

So any other solutions? 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Just add the cost you have lost, the postage cost to the starting price of the relisted item, explain to the buyer the item's price has been adjusted to cover the loss.

If you  do not relist, just send an invoice  outside eBay, then you leave yourself open to the buyer could claim,  the item was not received.  You would not then have eBay's seller protection . Not a better solution.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

You cannot send another invoice for more postage costs through eBay if the item was returned to you because the parcel was undeliverable to the buyer.

You have to do what tressygirl says and cancel the sale or get the buyer to pay extra postage outside of eBay. 

Personally I would refund the buyer and block them because if you resend the item the same thing could happen again.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

If you still wish to go ahead with trying to get the item to the buyer then I would advise you to follow the advice given in Tressygirl's original post on this thread.  However, if the item couldn't be delivered the first time and the buyer couldn't even be bothered to enquire at the Post Office to see if the item was being held there for him (the Post Office would have left a "Sorry, You Were Out" card stating that it had been taken back to the Post Office, so the buyer can't exactly say he had no idea it was there), then what's to say that the same thing would not happen again?

In light of the above I think your best option would be to take the advice that Douglaspuglas has already given you with regards to refunding the buyer in full, then adding the buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List.  Once the money has been refunded and the problematic buyer blocked you can then relist the item for sale again.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent