seller sent wrong item, now send messages about item a month after my refund

I was sent the wrong item from the decription and picture used in the ad. I contacted the seller and asked them to replace the item and I said if they could send me a return lable I would post it back. The seller claimed it was the right item and refused so I had to open a claim with ebay. 

Ebay then refuned the money within the hour and I heard nothing again from the seller on the 3rd Feb. Until 20th March, I have now been getting messages from the seller telling me basically I have stolen the item. I pointed out that I asked for a return lable on the 3rd Feb and that ebay agreed with me and thats why I was refuned. I offered again to send back but not at my cost as it wasn't my fault.

I have recieved mutiple messages sayin that I am not behaving like a adult and I am a theif and I have just checke that I have been given bad feedback. The last maessage I recived I was told to keep the item which I have no use for as it was not what I had orginaly paid for.

I have trired to talk to an agent from ebay 3 times but can't ever get someone. I am unhappy about the feedback and would like it removed but I am still stuck with a item that I dont want/need and now I have had my refund, I never paid for. I would just hand the item into a charity shop as it is new and un opened but don't want to incase the seller starts again in a few weeks.

Looking for help on this and also how to get to talk to someone from ebay.

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Well you do need to get hold of a Customer Service agent as that feedback breaks so many feedback rules, and can be removed.

For one,  a seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer,  hence the lack of a red dot option.  The seller is talking aabout a refund,  and getting eBay to intervene all against feedback policy .

I do recommend calling CS very first thing tomorrow morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. there's more chance of Dublin answering.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

As for the item,  I would send the seller one last polite message explaining it's in eBay rules for them to have sent you a pre paid postage label if they wanted their item sending back first.  You are very happy to send it back to them now,  but they do need to send enough  payment to cover that tracked return postage.

This cannot be done now via eBay as the case closed with that refund,  they can send a cheque,  bank transfer or a Friends and Family payment if they have a PayPal account.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I see that the seller is threatening to raise this matter with ebay, as he is responsible for the situation in the first place this is an empty threat especially as negative comments in feedback are not allowed.

I am afraid that if you have already spoken to ebay with no sucess, you might get somewhere using "report a seller" - https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&q...

Seller has violated one of ebay's policies, that is "negative comments in positive feedback".

Speaking to CS about removing positive feedback would tend to be pointless as they are probably only aware of removing Negative Feedback, not positive.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent