non delivery

I sold an item which I posted Royal mail 80 days ago.

The buyer has just contacted me to say he is 'unsure' if this has been delivered and asking me to confirm if it had.

I cannot do this as I had to change delivery from Evri which was my chosen option as they do not deliver to Northern Ireland. I do not appear to have tracking with Royal  Mail. I do have the posting receipt for second class small parcel.

I have asked buyer to confirm whether or not he has received parcel.

Any advice on what I should do? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

non delivery

The buyer is far too late to claim through Ebay who allow 30 days.  You would be too late to claim from Royal Mail.

Personally, I would send a pleasant but brief message.

Say you definitely sent it and add a scan/photo of the proof of posting.

Then leave it at that.

I am not sure why you asked the buyer to confirm they had the parcel when they told you they were not sure.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

non delivery

Thank you for advice, very helpful. I find the whole thing rather flakey and wonder if the buyer is looking for a refund on an item they have which is why it seemed reasonable to ask for confirmation as to whether they had or had not received item!  

Very best

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

non delivery

plum993
Experienced Mentor

A buyer on ebay only has 30 days from the estimated delivery date to raise a case of not received,and that time has clearly passed!

Best keep all postal receipts for at least 180 days, as buyers can look to recover there money by other means and receipts would be required if they do,preferably with postal tracking.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent