mis sold vehicle

I was mis sold a van that was listed on ebay, the seller removed it as wanted cash on collection 

basically has a different engine than originally fitted with no update on log book & all details in engine sanded off so unable to purchase any parts, also van broke down within 3 days of collecting it, less than 300 provable miles done, majority of which was on the journey home. 

was hoping to find out if ebay fan assist as the listing wasn't truthful but the ridiculous auto bot has refused to put me through to a human  being & can't find a legit uk telephone number to contact ebay

any help much appreciated

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

mis sold vehicle

plum993
Experienced Mentor

No point contacting ebay about the van as vehicles are NOT covered under the money back guarantee,so nothing they can do for you.

If the seller happened to be a Business trader of vehicles,then contact cistizens advice for help.

If you ever look to buy online again,always view a vehicle in person,test drive it, check the paperwork and get it inspected before parting with any money.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

mis sold vehicle

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

"I was mis sold a van that was listed on ebay, the seller removed it as wanted cash on collection ".

If listed correctly all vehicles are now cash on collection and by removing the listing it was an off eBay deal - unless it was a classified ad.

In any event, if you paid cash you might have problems getting your money back.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

mis sold vehicle

If it was an off ebay deal then you could report the seller but as you were party to the deal then you would be at risk as well as the seller.

Unless a classified ad. then as soon as seller removed from ebay, you should have avoided this seller like the plague. If he will defraud ebay of fees, he would think nothing of selling you a Not as described vehicle, knowing there is no comeback and no buyer protection.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent