if I cancel a sale do I get charged fees?

The buyer has paid full fees but not paid the price for international sale which was different.  Do I have the right to cancel sale and will ebay charge me for listing and sell fees?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

If it is the pipe, you had it listed with postage overseas using Ebay's Global Shipping Programme.

This means you only have to send it to the UK hub and then it will be sent on to your buyer.

You don't need to complete customs forms or deal with the overseas shipping.

You don't really have a valid reason to cancel so you could face some charges, and the buyer could leave you negative feedback.  As you don't sell a lot, this would have an impact on your account.

Really, I think you should send it to the UK address shown in 'order details' using a tracked service,

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi

Thanks so much for clarity. I did not understand the global shipping programme. I have not really used it before. So do EBAY fill out the customs form?

Do I need to send within 3 days?  I was confused as to what price I would get because I had listed in pounds sterling and the dollar equivalent is not coming to same.

Could you explain please how the exchange is done?

Thanks once more for your helpful response.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You don't need to know the dollar price - you will be paid in £ sterling and don't have anything to do with exchange rates etc.

Just send to the address shown in 'order details' in your sold items when you are logged into Ebay.

Send after payment has been made by the buyer, in your usual time frame.  Treat it like a UK sale.  Customs forms will be completed by Pitney Bowes who are responsible for sending this to your overseas buyer,

Details here of GSP:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/global-shipping-programme?...

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

HI

Where can I see what I will be paid net?

If customs keep it then what do I do?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent