eBay won't remove feedback for buyer giving wrong address on order!? Absurd

Got a buyer a few weeks back whose order was processed, shipped on time via Tracked evri service. order shows as delivered. a week later we get a negative feedback customer stating they've not had their order. 

reached out to buyer twice - no reply

cant use revision request - buyer radio silent

no INR case

tracking shows delivered - but 1 day after the estimated delivery date.

BUT we have since discovered the buyer provided a invalid address, the post code and street don't match up and its quite a blatant error on the buyers part.

eBay won't remove the feedback despite their policy stating feedbacks are removed if order is shipped on time.

The order I don't know if its reached the right address or not but I can only assume buyer has it because of no INR but surely eBay should be able to see we did nothing wrong here and sent the order in good faith.

several calls to CS and promises that it would be removed (as seller help rejected removal) and the review is still present and not removed.

I was even told by CS the feedback had personal information so would be eligible for removal on those grounds too.

this platform is a joke that their own policies are not upheld:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345

See section "

Events outside your control

An item arrived late but tracking shows that you dispatched it on time

We automatically adjust your late delivery rate and remove negative or neutral Feedback when:

• The carrier scan shows you dispatched within your handling time, even if it arrives late
  • The carrier scan shows the item arrived by the latest estimated delivery date, even if you dispatched it late"
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Best look to contact ebay tomorrow morning,early when you can get Dublin as most ebay call centres are manned abroad.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays: 8 am-10pm
Weekends: 9 am-6pm.

The feedback should be removed for containing personal details to!!

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people obviously do not know what the feedback option is for,  and use it as a messaging system like your buyer has done here.  That message could have,  should have,  been sent as a message to you for you to confirm the address they have given is incorrect.

I would bet you have spoken to the Philippines CS centre, who tend to read from scripts and do not see the full picture, as you rightly point out personal details,  addresses were left so surely that alone is cause for removal.

As plum suggests call only very first thing tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. when the lines first open more chance of Dublin answering.  Request a call back then you'll hear if it's Dublin or not.

Good luck do come back and tell us how you got on.

@kazza-tech 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

sorry for the late reply I didn't see these responses. they are very helpful and I very much appriecate that advice and information. Despite several calls I've not spoken to anyone in Dublin yet but I will try my best to by calling first thing as suggested. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Sorry but it is too late now to get it removed, it is over the 30 days.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

that's a joke cause I've made several calls to eBay over the past 6 weeks and each time they just fob me off with some lame excuse to get back to me and they never do.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent