eBay not removing neutral feedback.

Feedback left by one of my customer:-

'Got 2 mixed bags, wish I hadn't. Should have stuck with choosing the colour. A mixed bag only gives 1 of each colour so, if you have double zips you have to use different colours or make sure you buy 2 bags and hope they are both the same. Think description could tell buyers they are getting 1 of every colour to help make a better decision on which ones to buy.'

Item ordered was:-

Colour: All different colours in pack ·
Quantity Required: 20 CORDS/2 PACKS
Custom label (SKU): JRA0004_All.Different_20
Item ID: 202652566453

I asked eBay to remove it, since I had sent exactly what was ordered 'ALL DIFFERENT COLOURS'. How was I suppose to read the customer's mind that he wanted 2 of each colours.
I have been selling the same item for over 7 years now and I have only got positive reviews.

ebay says ' I have reviewed the feedback and I’m afraid to share that on this occasion this negative feedback isn’t removable under our policies as the buyer share their experience they received from this transaction '

I personally think it is not fair on the seller, who is only sending what was ordered. I am a top rated seller on eBay since day one and stand at 99.8%. But it's a matter of principles.

I would really like to know other sellers point of view on this instance.

Thank you

Thank you
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Incoming moan - Why are buyers so quick to hit... - Page 2 - UK eBay Community

Ebay wont move anything as its "the buyers experience" I had a moan about this last week

youre wasting your time Im afraid

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

At least a neutral does not affect your %.

Looking at your feedback, you have two negatives which, while ebay would not remove, did you explain to buyers that delivery is beyond your control, and they should just open not received cases to get a refund. In my opinion a refund is better than replacements, then if happy they can reorder.

Once sorted you then send them a FEEDBACK REVISION REQUEST, which also incorporates the opportunity to send a message. Most reasonable buyers would revise, but too late now.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I understand what you mean. But it is still unfair, for doing the right thing.

As far as late delivery is concerned, I don't have a leg to stand on:-

Royal Mail dates are estimated , even if customers don't get the item on time.

'If the item hasn’t been delivered by the due date plus 10 working days the sender might be able to claim for compensation. Check eligibility on our Claims Centre. (Please note, early claims cannot be processed.)'

Ebay ask's for a tracking number for a item that is being sold for £2.49, It's a joke and they don't seem to be learning. I do offer 1st Class and tracked options, but no one wants to pay extra.

I personally think eBay are trying to give a service like and reputation like Amazon, but at the sellers expence.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

indeed - I got 4 in one week and considering I barely get 1 a year its just soul distroying, makes me now just shrug my shoulders and move on - Ebay seems to attract a certain person 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I can fully understand, if it is the seller's fault.

Being a loyal seller on eBay, doesn't seem to mean anything to them. 

I just laugh when they say at the beginning of every call. 'Thank you for being with us for 14 years'.

Looking at the way they make their decisions, I don't think they really care about sellers.

A on & off buying customer seems to be on their A list, even if they are wrong.

A customer can have a their own point of view about anything and everthing, but that does not mean it's justified. Specially when it's blatantly obvious, they are in wrong.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Theres a few posts on the boards all saying the same so somethings changed but I was reminded Ebay sending out emails asking/prompting/encouraging feedback and there are some awful sellers but with AI they could certainly look at 1) if the buyers initially contacted the seller before leaving FB, and if not prevent them doing so. 2) The conversations between seller and buyer, if seller has offered a refund or return, if buyer is making demands etc.  A buyer can not demand a refund and not return the item, then leave a neg in retaliation.   Like you say I get a "thankyou for being with us for 18yrs" which i know is scripted and pointless.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent