buyer wants to either cancel bid or have me end auction (3 more days) and send her the item

HI can you help?  I have an item for sale and the auction ends in three days.  I got a buyer for the full price but thought I had to wait til auction finished on Thursday.  She now wants to either retract offer as she needs the item for a certain date and didn't realise she had to wait, or for me to end the auction now and send her the item as soon as possible as she it for a certain occasion.  What do I do? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

buyer wants to either cancel bid or have me end auction (3 more days) and send her the item

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You can end a listing early to sell to the highest bidder giving that as the reason for ending,but if you do that can you guarantee the post will get the item to the buyer in time?

Ending a listing | eBay

If no, then best let the buyer know you can cancel there bid http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

The shoes are a lot of money so use tracked special delivery if you do post out,and make sure buyer pays via ebay checkout,not off site,so your covered by seller protection

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Proceed with caution.

For me, buyers needing the item in a hurry can be a bit of a 'red flag'.

As advised, it is really easy to end the auction early and simply sell to the highest bidder.

Have a look at their feedback and feedback left for others to check there are no warning signs.

Don't exchange any personal details such as phone, WhatsApp, personal email.

Double check they have paid before you post by going to Payments

And, as advised by @plum993 use Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery.  It is properly tracked and, although it will cost you a bit more, it should ensure safe and swift delivery.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent