Winning Bidder says they can't pay

I have twice tried to sell my iPad both winning bidders have come up with an excuse why they can't pay.

The first time it was "My Car Insurance Is Due" and the second on Monday 25th said "His Grandmother was ill and he couldn't deal with it" I have tried to contact ebay, but that is impossible you just go round in circles or message a useless robot. I also tried to message the next person who bid the same price but it just says there is a problem, so I can't tell if the offer went or not. On top of this my account now shows as if I have sold 2 iPads.

Please any help??

Merv2710

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yep, excuses come in thick and fast all sellers face them.

This is how to deal with all non payers.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Always block non payers from returning and wrecking any more of your sales.

Add the non-payers ID to your blocked list here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

also, set you bidder requirements to block bidders with two or more non-payment strikes in the last 12 months

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Yep, excuses come in thick and fast all sellers face them.

This is how to deal with all non payers.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Always block non payers from returning and wrecking any more of your sales.

Add the non-payers ID to your blocked list here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

also, set you bidder requirements to block bidders with two or more non-payment strikes in the last 12 months

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Why ever do you think you need to contact ebay.

After 4 days younwill get tge option to cancel the salecfor non payment, then you will not psy a selling fee and buyer gts an unpaid strike.

Add buyers to your Blocked bidders list and set your preferences to block members with two or more unpaid strikes.

Once sale cancelled this way buyer cannot leave fb and any already left will be removed.

YOU HAVE SOLD TWO IPADS, and have two non payers.

ONCE cancelled then you can send a SECOND CHANCE OFFER to underbidders, NOT BY MESSAGE.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent