Windows keys

I sell keys that I own such as windows 10 pro keys and windows 11 pro keys and office keys and game keys.

however my keys were always flagged for being counterfeit. How would I get this to stop.

it now says electronically delivered policy. I cannot seem to put these keys in classified ads aswell any ideas to stop this I have been trying for a month to fix.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Windows keys

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

you have a number of problems.

You cannot sell digitally delivered items.

You are a business seller trading as a private seller in violation of eBay rules and the law.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

I am a lone seller and am under no businesses 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

@marg319625 wrote:

I am a lone seller and am under no businesses 

You can be a sole trader and still be a business, which you are.

A private seller is one who is selling off their own personal items such as bits from their wardrobe/loft/garage. You're not listing anything like this.

Your items puts you in the business seller category, and your account needs to reflect this in order to be compliant.

However, I'm pretty sure that Windows keys can't be listed. 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You would need to be an authorised business seller to sell window keys that should be sold within windows products.

If you just sell the keys ( not alloud anyway) you deliver the key digitally ( not allowed) and the buyer then reports not received for a refund,and nothing you can do about it.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

With a few exceptions, Digital/Electronically delivered Items (Game codes, product keys etc.) are not allowed to be sold on eBay UK site  .... unlikely that you will get any further assistance from eBay >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/digitally-delivered-goods-policy?id...

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

Hi thanks for the reply if i were to include a physical install with the key for instance a dvd and i am microsoft reseller approved I would be breaking no rules?

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Windows keys

As you are trading on a private account you would be in violation of eBay rules and the law.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent