VERIFICATION ON BRANDED TRAINER

Hi I'm selling Dior trainers on ebay and some one messaged saying I have to send them to ebay first to clarify if they are genuine or fakes. I have clearly stated that they could be fakes because I haven't a clue and I would leave this to the buyer to do the research.  Is this person correct do I have to send to ebay first? 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you look at your listing you will see ebay have automatically added the "Blue tag ebay Authentication Guarantee" to your listing,so you will have to post out to the "Authentication team when the trainers sell so they can check them as Authentic.

If they pass they get sent on to the buyer.

If they fail they come back to you!

You have several bids  on them now so it's not appropriate to end the listing without getting a defect on your account.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

Putting this in your listing is a serious violation of eBay policy "They could be fakes or genuine"  - eBay don't allow such qualifications.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

They are very likely to fail authentication as they are marked Size 44 and you have put in the details that they are UK Size 8 - I believe 44 is a 9.5.

The authentication process will check that everything in the listing matches the shoes, as well as confirming (or not) that they are genuinely by Dior.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

To be honest, they don't look the real deal to me. Yours have a badly cut out label featuring Made in Italy and the size when I believe that this is usually printed straight on in that area.

Putting this " They could be fakes or genuine its for you to do your research and decide. I have been truthful and won't accept returns. " in your listing description will not prevent a return given that it's illegal to sell counterfeit product in the UK. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent