Unpaid items recorded against me.

Can anyone help

i made arrangements to collect 2 separate items and pay on collection as arranged with the seller.

whilst waiting to collect on the pre arranged date I received a notification from eBay that the items (2 seperste occasions) had been closed.

went to make another purchase tonight and when I bid a message popped onto the screen saying that my account has been suspended.

spoke with eBay on live chat and they advised that the seller cancelled the sale hence the unpaid item sanction.

I really don't believe the seller cancelled, why would you cancel the sale before I even collected the items.

is there anyway that I can record future items as payment sent like the old days?.

I prefer to collect delicate or high value items and pay cash on collection 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Looks like seller has non payment after 4 days set as automatic (default setting).

Sellers can block buyers with 2 unpaid strikes.

Try contacting ebay in the morning and appealing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi

i have successfully appealed but it just seems such a waste of time when you've not done anything wrong. And to add insult to injury I lost out on another item because I'd been suspended.

as a excellent buyer I've never messed any seller around and always purchased and paid.

They don't seem to want to recognise the glitch.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

It is not really a glitch.

Paying cash on collection is of no advantage to you.  It would be better for you as the buyer to pay through Ebay checkout - then go and inspect and collect the item you have bought.

Cash on collection means that sellers can claim you have not paid, cancel the sale and avoid paying Ebay fees.  And give your account a 'non-payment strike'.

Also, when you pay cash, you lose your right to return items under the money back guarantee.

If you collect an item and pay cash for it, you would not have any right to return it even if you noticed a fault or flaw within hours of getting home.

I would advise you to pay through Ebay in future,

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent