Send to America

Hello, please can someone help me to send an item to the USA. I get no proper answer from the EBay robot. Can I send it through their foreign countries system or do I send it myself? Thanks for any help!!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Send to America

Personally its easy to send it via your local post office (depending on item and weight etc) you would just need to fill in the customs form and staff at a PO will generally help you. If the value of the item is over £20 then its always recommended to send tracked. 

You have the option of GSP too, if your customer doesn't mind alot more for their postage. You dispatch item to a UK address and as long as you prove delivery there you wash your hands of the item. Pitney Bowes take care of the rest.

If its a larger item weighing more than 2kg, then you could use one of the packaging portals like Parcels togo again very easy to use. However UPS probably offer some of the most competitive rates to the USA at present (its American from origin).

If your listing is active you will need to end it and relist with postage options. You can't amend an existing item unless its  BIN

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Send to America

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If you're opted in to eBay's Global Shipping Programme and you then list your item and it's an item that the GSP will cover, then there should be a shipping price and method showing to the US in the postage section of your live listing.

If it hasn't been applied and you still want to ship the item to the US, you'll need to set your own postage price and method on your listing.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Send to America

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

As you are in eBay's Global Shipping it would be best you know all about the system you are using before listing -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/international-postage?id=4...

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent