Selling something twice

I have bougth an item, the bidding history clearly shows that... despite this, the seller said, that ebay sold something twice and wants me to cancel the transaction.
Can this happen?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Selling something twice

What is the item number?

What you describe can happen - the seller mistakenly states they have two of an item or relists an item they have sold, or simply lists the same item twice and doesn't realise until it is too late.

This is the seller's fault, I would guess, rather than Ebay's.

You are being asked to cancel because that way the seller doesn't have to say the item is 'out of stock' and get a defect on their account.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

It is best to stick to one thread - then people who try to advise will know all the facts.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

I think it's amazing that a seller who doesn't know enough about ebay to manage their listings properly, suddenly knows enough to try and avoid a defect by getting the buyer to ask to cancel!

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

#176319764484 is the item number

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

That was a 10 day auction and you were the winning bidder.

The seller only sold the item once as far as I can see.

I would tell the seller that you don't want to cancel, that you have paid and expect to receive the item.

If they then cancel for a false reason, you can report them to Ebay.  You can also leave negative feedback.

The seller might not want to sell to you because you have such low feedback and it is an expensive item.

See if you can sort it out with the seller.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

Did he lested it two times?

He has sent anotheritem number: 176333814649

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

If you put that into advanced search, it is not coming up with anything. A search for

Kawasaki Ninja 1000sx genuine panniers

only shows the ones you won the bidding for.

I am not sure the seller is being honest with you.

The auction you won ran for 10 days and had lots of bids - the seller should have been aware they had a live auction.

I can only repeat my previous advice:

I would tell the seller that you don't want to cancel, that you have paid and expect to receive the item.

If they then cancel for a false reason, you can report them to Ebay. You can also leave negative feedback.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Selling something twice

Thanks for your efforts!

he has sent this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176333814649

It seems, that it has been sold, but there isn't any detailes regarding the bids, the opening and the closing date of the auction...

Unfortunate:(

The money is on its was back... I have reported it to ebay... will se what they find as a reason.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent