Seller abuse

I won a bid on 4 items by a seller last night whilst I was at work, I check my computer when I wake up and see he has cancelled the orders and left a review calling me a tosser, I see his messages saying the orders will be cancelled at 5pm and he cancelled then just past 12. I don't feel like I deserve this and want to know what action I can take

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Seller abuse

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You should report that seller and the feedback to eBay customer services.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

Wow,   nasty !.

Well, that feedback most definitely can be removed.  Not only for the fact sellers cannot leave negative feedbacks for buyers hence,  no red ' dot' facility, bad language is used.

Contact eBay Customer Services they will remove the feedback and placy a policy violation strike on the seller's account.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

Leave feedback to reflect your experience - seller declined to honour transaction. 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

I cannot ever seem to find that option for a cancellation from a seller, I may just be being an idiot

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

A buyer cannot cancel an item ,  they can ask the seller to cancel ,  but a seller can refuse.

A seller can cancel but has to have the buyer's permission / request to do so,  otherwise they face penalties on their account.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

As advised by @tressygirl contact Ebay and ask them to remove the feedback comments.  Use the link provided for an online chat or a callback.

You don't need to cancel the transactions as the seller has done this.

Personally, I think you have probably had a lucky escape.

You had bid on and won gold with no hallmarks, at a price above today's price for 24 carat gold.

The gold is not hallmarked and that seller, who looks very much like a dealer to me, has a no returns policy.

I certainly would not buy gold from a private seller, with no returns - this is the first time he has sold little gold 'buttons' like those and he believes carats is spelt 'carrots'.

Too many red flags there!

Get rid of that abusive feedback and then WALK AWAY.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Seller abuse

Thankyou I appreciate the advice, I have experience buying gold buttons, they generally sell for a much lower premium than bullion grade, I get all of the gold I buy tested and assayed for my assets, but I agree they do certainly seem suspect now looking at it

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent