Returns policies for selling a car

Hi I am trying to list a car for sale but ebay won't accept a no returns policy.. si am i supposed to give a 14 dat free return on a car....

Please advise..

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I guess it's because you have a business account and so can't turn that bit off even if ebay can't make you accept one as they give no buyer protection for vehicles.  

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

There's no buyer protection for cars on ebay so buyers cannot insist on a return.   Put more info in the description and get cash on collection or prior bank transfer.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I've never thought about this before, but it seems you are correct - cars sold by business sellers all say "14 day returns." It's a bit of a nonsense as eBay wouldn't get in involved in returns for motor vehicle anyway. However, it could still cause legal problems if the buyer argued (correctly) that it was sold with the option of returning it within 14 days.

Try looking at listing it as a classified ad istead. There are lots of other advantages of doing it this way. It's all explained here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-selling-vehicles-ebay-motors?id=4127&...

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

list it as a classified ad.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent