Returned item

Hi

I bought a pair of trousers, they were to small so I put them into a zip up bag for return, and did so later, I then received an email back, with a photo that they had taken, saying that the item had been worn and was dirty, the item wasn't sent back in the way that they say, I wasn't asking for my money back, but an exchange for a bigger size. I don't want to talk to the seller but need help from the eBay team, how do I get their help. Thankyou in advance for any advice given.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Returned item

Did you open a return and send the items back through an open case?  Did you use tracking and does the tracking show the seller has the trousers back?

Is the seller refusing to replace the trousers?

Before you contact Ebay, you need to think about what you want them to do.

They will probably suggest you sort this out with the seller.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Returned item

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Only a business seller who sells other sizes of the same trousers could do a exchange,but can also issue a part refund for the reason given rather than a full refund,so is that what happened?

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Returned item

Always best to receive a full refund and not an exchange for the item, because if the second item is sent faulty,  you are not covered for any refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy.

Open a straight return case,  hopefully this is a Business seller or a Private who accepts returns, asking for a different size indicates this is a Business seller ,  so they have to accept that return and refund.

Enter the tracking number of your item sent back and as it shows delivery the seller has 3 days to accept and refund you.

If they don't you escalate the case,  ask eBay to step in and they'll force the refund.

Do not close the case for any reason or promise from the seller,  and do not forget to escalate.

@stevedward_49 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent