Return cancelled

I bought a pair of motorcycle levers mid February and just got to fitting them , but they don't fit my motorcycle , the listing checked and I've contacted the seller . He apologised and said it's happens, he said open a return and follow e bay's returns process 

he then closed the return , all it says is return closed .Declined.

I feel that's very unfair , pictures sent to seller .

but seems I can't go any further . No options .

advice greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Return cancelled

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You only get 30 days from the estimated delivery date to open a return request so if you have only just done that,your out of time,so best contact your payment provider for help now,so your card issuer or pay pal depending how you you paid for the items.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if you used the reason that the item does not fit it's a change of mind return and the seller [if private] can refuse.

In any event you are out of time for an eBay case - try PayPal or your payment provider.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Your seller may not have closed that return if you bought the item way back in February, so contact them and let them know that you're unable to open one via eBay and would like their returns address so that you can send the item back for a refund, as agreed.

If they ignore you, let them know that you'll need to issue a chargeback via your card provider which, as well as forcing a refund will carry a £16 fee for them if you do have to go down this route. 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

I see so , if a seller sends me a part that's is incorrect it's a " change of mind ". ? 
yes I understand it may be out of time .... but the seller did send the wrong part , defective won't work . 
I appreciate you taking the time to reply .

have a great day .

best wishes 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

That's great advice right there 👍 I'll give my card provider a call , I used my credit card .  I'll see what they say . 
have a great evening and my thanks for your message .

kind regards 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

Ebay should remove "Does not fit" as an option.

As this means private seller can refuse,

Business seller has to accept, but buyer pays return tracked postage. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Return cancelled

Ebay should remove "Does not fit" as an option.

"Does not fit" was supposed to prevent private sellers from having to accept returns of correctly sized clothing that just wasn't a good fit for the buyer.

eBay seems to applies it mindlessly to entierely different situations, for example where a replacement part (for example, for a vehicle) doesn't fit whatever it was that it was advertised as fitting.

This is a just one of many eamples of how brain dead and disinterested eBay seems to be in solving common problems.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent