Posting

Can I send a item in a post box? If so do I have to put my own stamp on or do I just need the eBay label? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Posting

You do not have to use eBay's labels and can use your stamps or buy postage over the counter at Post Offices.

Be aware,  if you post just through a letter box you have no proof,  no tracking the item is posted, and if a buyer claims item not received,  you will have to fully refund.

Items bigger than letter size, and under the value of £20,  when postage is bought at a Post Office, you receive a proof of posting with a 16 digit number on it.  This costs no extra,  it's not a tracking number,  but can show if an item has been delivered or not, sufficient for any case of item not received.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Posting

Of course you can buy your own stamp and post in a letterbox.

However only by going to a post office would you get a proof of posting and/or tracking.

You do not have to use any of the services offered by ebay, which in my opinion cause too many problems. Never for example accept ebay suggestions for cost of postage, work it out yourself.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Posting

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Royal mail provide two types of post boxes.

Basically one for letters,and one for parcels so it depends on what you want to post and size and if it's been paid for prior to posting.

Postboxes

You can post your pre-paid** mail in a postbox if it fits and you don't need proof of postage.

Parcel Postboxes

You can post your pre-paid** large letters and parcels here if it fits and you don't need proof of posting

• Items must weight 2kg or less
  • Maximum dimensions:  length 44cm, width 35cm, depth 16cm. 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Posting

So just checking If I do send it through the post box I can just use a eBay label and it will be sent? No need for a postage stamp

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Posting

If you buy postage through ebay, it will have buyers address & postage paid.

As said, if you just put it on post box, you have no proof of posting.

All depends if a letter or parcel.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent