Posting an item to California from the UK

Hello, I am trying to take payment for an item I sold and need to post it to California from the UK. How does one do this please?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

send the buyer an invoice with the proper postage for USA.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

This isn't for the alloy wheels is it?

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

@*vyolla*   I was just going to ask the same!

@julesjones42   if it's for the wheels, politely inform the buyer that this was a collection only item,  and you are sure they would not wish to pay what could be a horrendous shipping charge plus custom duty.

If it is the buyer,   I would strongly advise you cancel the order citing Problem with Buyer's Address.

This refunds you your seller fee and your seller performance is not affected.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi there, thanks for your reply. No its for the BMW badge I sold yesterday, the person lives in California and has already paid me. It was originally collection only but I mentioned I can post at extra cost of course. 

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi there, no would not have posted those valuable wheels! It is for the BMW Alpina badge I sold and have been paid. I have not posted outside of the UK before and Royal Mail will not post to California, only to the United States and then USPS takes over which seems complicated. Regards.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Thanks very much and regards.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

If your buyer has paid it's no longer possible to add the international postage cost to the invoice.

You'll need to cancel the order and relist with the international postage price. 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

@julesjones42 wrote:

I have not posted outside of the UK before and Royal Mail will not post to California, only to the United States and then USPS takes over which seems complicated. Regards.

That's not complicated. Royal Mail is our UK postage service so they get the package to the US and then the US postal service takes over. 

Same as if you had something sent over from the US via their postal service, Royal Mail would look after it this end and deliver it to you.

Royal Mail do not operate in the US and USPS do not operate in the UK, they have an arrangement with each other though. 

All you need to do is to send the item via a suitable Royal Mail International tracked service. It's all classed as one journey with one tracking number. 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent