Postage, I'm new to Ebay, I have just sold an item and said I would pay for postage, but realised Eb

I'm new to Ebay, I have just sold an item and said I would pay for postage, but realised Ebay charge 12.8%, do I need to  be paying for postage on items if this is the case.  As the 12.8% includes postage.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Postage, I'm new to Ebay, I have just sold an item and said I would pay for postage, but realised Eb

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Postage should be included in the listing,so what have you sold,as I am not seeing any sold item on your account.

12.8% ebay fees does include postage cost

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The fees are based on the value of the item plus the postage charged.

Ebay does not pay for postage out of the 12.8% they charge you, so in that way the fees do not include postage.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I cannot see any sale, but the active items correctly show postage.

It is a good idea as it is allowed, to add into  postage cost of postage and packing, and I always try to make the postage charge cover the fee, otherwise costs represent a lot more than 12.8% which would need to be covered in sale price.

It is always a matter of choice for the seller, but it pays to work out in advance what you expect to receive after fees and paying for postage.

Not seeing the item sold, it is difficult to know exactly what you intend doing, as buyer is invoiced by ebay based on you listing. If you do not intend to charge for postage, you need to send buyer a revised invoice, with postage shown as £0.00.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent