Partial Refund

Hi, I need to give a customer a partial refund on an item they just bought, but don't seem to have the send refund option available on the drop down list, next to the item on seller hub. The item has been marked as despatched & paid for. All the other items I've recently sold have the refund option available.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Partial Refund

You can only issue a refund or part refund if the buyer paid via the eBay checkout,as your buyer paid cash eBay does not have access to this to make a refund.

You would have to make a refund by arrangement with buyer either using Paypal or Bank transfer etc.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Partial Refund

Use a PC / laptop and use Chrome or Firefox.

If you are on My eBay Selling,  go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Refund this item.  Be careful to then add the correct amount of refund you wish to make,  or you will refund the whole amount.

If you are on the Seller Hub, find the item in Orders >>  Posted and Awaiting your Feedback.  Tick on the little arrow left of the item from the drop down menu which appears scroll down a little,  you will see Refund this item. 
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Partial Refund

Thanks for the response, but as mentioned, I do not have the 'Refund this item' on either My eBay Selling or Seller Hub, but it is available on the other items I've sold!!!

All I can think is there's a delay from marking an order as being paid (buyer paid cash & collected it themselves) before being able to refund or I've missed something in the process, even though it's showing as despatched & paid.....

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Partial Refund

You can only issue a refund or part refund if the buyer paid via the eBay checkout,as your buyer paid cash eBay does not have access to this to make a refund.

You would have to make a refund by arrangement with buyer either using Paypal or Bank transfer etc.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent