Lithium battery return

I am trying to return a lithium battery as it does not fit the stated item, therfore is not fit for purpose. UK postal restrictions don't allow lithium batteries to be sent unless contained within a device, such as the laptop. I have told the seller this but they don't seem to understand. There is no option for me to ask ebay to step in as it says I have a return in progress so I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lithium battery return

Contact eBay Customer Services see what they suggest to return an item regular postal services will not accept in its present form.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Out of inteest,  which postal service was used to send the battery to you ?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Lithium battery return

Contact eBay Customer Services see what they suggest to return an item regular postal services will not accept in its present form.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Out of inteest,  which postal service was used to send the battery to you ?

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Lithium battery return

Thanks for your help as I struggled to find a contact number for Ebay customer services. Ebay have now agreed a refund. Strangely, the item came via Royal Mail but they definitely won't accept it.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Lithium battery return

Excellent result for your refund,  if the item was delivered by RM,  the seller must have lied at the Post Office as to the contents of the parcel.

All's  well that ends well though,  good result.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent