Item views

Interested to if anyone knows why an items 'view' figures change from day to day on the app? Obviously it goes up each time someone views however yesterday it was 301, today 280! This started when the total reached around 290 last week and has gone up and down since. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item views

The number of views figure is updated all the time - views stay on the listing for 30 days, I believe so 'old' views drop off and 'new' views are added.

It is not a cumulative figure.  That is why it goes up and down rather than simply increasing the longer your item is listed.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Item views

eBay only shows a viewcount for the last 30 days

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Item views

Thanks for the response, it’s not a problem, just curious as item now listed for 34 days and the view count dropped by 20 around 7 days ago. Appreciate your time and effort though.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Item views

The number of views figure is updated all the time - views stay on the listing for 30 days, I believe so 'old' views drop off and 'new' views are added.

It is not a cumulative figure.  That is why it goes up and down rather than simply increasing the longer your item is listed.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Item views

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. It’s obviously not a problem, I was just curious.
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent