Item sold internationally

I have just sold a phone, The winning bid was to Somebody in Ghana, I'm shipping from the UK.

I wasn't aware that I had allowed people from outside the UK, Postage on the listing was £8.95 special delivery by the Royal Mail, But I don't know where this leaves me now, do I have to foot the cost to ship this to Ghana? Or will the buyer have to pay the no doubt extortionate cost?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Don't ship a phone to Ghana.

You have no international postage set up your listing anyway, so your buyer can't pay unless you send them an invoice.

I would cancel this order as unpaid just to prevent your buyer from leaving feedback.

After 4 days you can cancel and select the reason as 'buyer didn't pay'. There's a link on this eBay page (it says 4 days but it's 4 x 24hrs after your listing ended before the option to select ‘buyer didn't pay’ appears):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=12&pos=1&q...

You'll get a credit for your eBay final value fees.

Before relisting the phone, set your Buyer Requirements with this page, tick the box that says 'Block buyers whose primary delivery address is in a location I don't post to, then the box that says 'Apply above settings to active and future listings', then click on the tiny Submit link, bottom left of this page:

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Then buyers/bidders in countries that you don't have a postage price and method showing for won't be able to buy/bid.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

So I have to wait the 4 days and then cancel and relist? Abit of a pain because the auction was 7 days, But I suppose it's better than having to ship to Ghana!
Thank you for the quick response, it was very helpful.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You can cancel now if you wish by using the reason "problem with buyers address' but your buyer will then be in a position to leave feedback. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent