I sent the wrong item from UK to US using the Global Shipping Programme

I sold two books (one lot) to a buyer in the United States and sent them from the UK using the Global Shipping Programme. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to get one of the books wrong. I'm happy to accept all responsibility and refund the buyer in full, and to let them keep the books for free.

What I'm not sure about is this: will Ebay refund them my fee (£65.00) plus the additional import charges/taxes that they paid?

Is it a simple matter of the buyer requesting a refund, and me issuing it, and they receive a refund of their entire costs?

Any help or advice here would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

If you refund via a requested cancellation on ebay you will get your selling fee refunded too.   If the buyer has paid import duty they'd have to apply to get that back from their customs department.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I think if it was through the GSP then a cancellation should result in Pitney Bowes refunding the import taxes element.

I don't think the buyer can recover tax from their local cusotms when they didn't actually pay the taxes to the local cuatoms, ebay did.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If the tracking number issued by the GSP shows delivery then your buyer won't be able to apply to reclaim any tax paid unless they return the item. However, unless these are top dollar I don't believe they'll be subject to any import fees.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent