I received negative feedback

I received negative feedback saying Rubbish first I have ever received. Description and pictures were clear. Buyer had not got in touch to say they didn't like the item I would have refunded. eBay will not help say the buyer has not broken any violations. Even though I as a seller had done nothing wrong and wasn't given a chance to sort it. I have just been told to reply to the feedback. In my opinion this leaves sellers very vulnerable to vindictive buyers. There appears there is no way to resolve it. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

CS' hands are tied as the feedback doesn't break feedback rules so they will not remove it.

Have you tried to message the buyer, ask exactly what the issue was? 

Perhaps if you do this,  and come to some agreement and appease the buyer,  then they may agree to receiving a feedback revision you can then send to them.

If not,  you have left a follow up,  and that is all you can do.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Nothing ebay will remove, it is buyers opinion.

Try to resolve issue with buyer, then send feedback revision, link on your feedback page.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Ebay no longer remove feedback unless it violates their policies, and even then, it does seem to be very difficult to get it removed.  The feedback you have been left is simply the buyer's opinion, which they are entitled to.

I really don't think it is vindictive and I think your reply is extremely good.  I would say just carry on selling those nice items and try not to take the negative too personally.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

In my opinion this leaves sellers very vulnerable to vindictive buyers.

Correct. Sellers are vulnerable to vindictive buyers - and to dishonest buyers, and untruthful buyers.

Everything from the feedback system to eBay's money back guarantee is heavily biased in favour of the buyer.

That's just the way it is on eBay.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent